Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Only Two More Months!

...untill the Annual Halloween Howler Enduro Race at Star Speedway in Epping, NH.

I need to get my Ass in gear and get a car. This shows a typical Enduro race, a few dozen cars. Now imagine 300-350 cars on a 1/4 mile oval! Pure Insanity. Plus you get to see FWD shitboxes get a one way ticket to the salvage yard.

Posted Image

Meh... I feel bad for that poor Olds. :P Anyways, my dad and a few uncles are thinking about getting a Cavalier or Grand Am with a Quad4 put in it and race at the dirt track above my house. It's literally above my house... it's on top of the hill I live on... less than 1/8th of a mile away.

That's Larry the Cable Guy, a redneck comedian.  He goes on the road with Jeff Foxworthy.  He's pretty funny.

[post="4634"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Sorry Blu , is this in responce to Get R done ?

Anyhow is this Larry the heavy discusting guy ? I forget I saw some commercial promoting some fat gross "redneck" "comedian" whose content was fat and gross. probably on Speed channel or something.

Meh... I feel bad for that poor Olds. :P

Anyways, my dad and a few uncles are thinking about getting a Cavalier or Grand Am with a Quad4 put in it and race at the dirt track above my house. It's literally above my house... it's on top of the hill I live on... less than 1/8th of a mile away.

[post="4506"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

if you mean the generation before BV's grand am, ur right it is

Yup and theere's a red G/A coupe of the same vintage just above it in the pic.

Razor:

I've only raced FWD cars in the 4-bamnger category. RWD cars are hard to find. Although if I ever find a super-cheap/free 80s Mustang 2.3 or *crosses fingers* a Thunderbird Supercoupe I'll be golden! :)

Somethign like that would actually make me much more competetive... and I'd be more apt to reuse it.

Now to the meat of my post:

I've had the MAzda on my front Lawn for over a week now wiht a sign proclaiming "$199 AS IS / TIMIMNG BELT BROKEN?" I think I'm asking too little because I'm getting hassled and jerked around by a bunch of retards who want to waste my time but not buy the car. I'd take almost any serious offer... so long as they tow it out of my yard. I'd even take $120 cash.

Well today I got back from my wekend camping trip from Cape Cod and no sooner do I take Sofia out of the car seat then there's two sets of people looking at the Mazda. I spent all afternoon showing the car to like a dozen different "window shopers" So damn annoying.

Well finnally the good news. A kid stops by at like 7:00pm. I'm tired and cranky so I got out to greet him at the car. I cut to the Chase... tons of people have ben looking at it, a few have said they'd definately be back but here the car sits still on my lawn. The kid is nice enough and after I tell him $150 will take it away he seems really interested. Says he's selling his rusty but drivable '92 Mazda Protoge 5-speed becuase he doesn't want a stick. His bottoim line since the ar needs a starter is $150.00. Epiphany!

Staright up trade. I get my demolition derby car and he gets his fixer uper Auto. We shook on it and both ended up happy. The deal is supposed to go down on Tuesday. Pending a quick once over of the Protoge.

Mean time I'm having a potential buyer look at the Brougham tomorrow. Al I can think about is how I'll buy the Corvair as soon as the money for the Brougham is in my hand. :)

BTW: here's the Mazda. 1993 626 4-cylinder 16 valve (DOHC) auto.

Can someone please let me know if this engine is non-interferance. Jason said it just died. No loud or painfull noises occured so I believe from my intuition the head& valves are okay.

Posted Image