I almost killed someone today.

daves87rs

Words simply don't explain what I saw today:

A women beating her kid so hard that the little boy sounded like he was being killed.

This little guy was around around the age of mine.

The little guy was being a bit of a brat, but nothing uncommon for the age. Then the woman just snapped, and went to town smacking the little guy. And she didn't stop. To hear a child screaming in that is.....so horrible. Being a "newer" dad-that hits home. My co worker and I looked on in horror. I headed over to stop it, but a customer got to her first.

Cops got there pretty quick.

I was so pissed, I had to go outside to "cool" off. I wasn't allowed back in until the lady was in the sqaud car. I couldn't feel too bad, I guess-beacuse there were quite a few of us out there for that same reason. :suburban:

I'm still shaken about it. I look at my 15 month toddler boy, and could never, ever do something like that.

He got extra hugs before bed tonight before tonight..... :wub:

I've seen many crazy things, but.....just wow.

Thanks for listening.

Parenting doesn't come with instructions. Some people have good innate parenting skills, and some don't. Unfortunately, most bad parenting is generational and people replicate a lot of patterns. I see so many tiny kids on the commuter rail hanging off of (unqualified) people who evidently reproduced to create props for their self-esteem. Seems selfish to me.

I come from a nuclear family (i.e. parents that remained married until death); however, I did not get along with my parents because of (a) the gap in age, (b) the gap in education, and © the gap in culture (they did not assimilate to this country). It was a "bit" much. I chose not to have kids a long time ago.

Thank God there are good people out there who will take on the responsibility of responsible child-rearing.