Top Gear Astra VXR review

pow

Why would GM add more horsepower to the Cobalt when the Ion replacement will have more? Great video. I can't believe that it's faster then the CTS-V on the track. That's probably because the guys have trouble driving with the steering wheel on the left. Still, that's extremely impressive. Saturn needs this vehicle as is. No cobalt in Opel/Vauxhall clothing. This is the real deal. Edited by Cadillacfan85

Why would GM add more horsepower to the Cobalt when the Ion replacement will have more?

Great video.  I can't believe that it's faster then the CTS-V on the track.

That's probably because the guys have trouble driving with the steering wheel on the left.  Still, that's extremely impressive.

Saturn needs this vehicle as is.  No cobalt in Opel/Vauxhall clothing.  This is the real deal.

[post="62353"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

The CTS-V was tested in the rain.

I love GM's overmuscled swagger in this closs (british accent), but overall I'd take the GTI as well. The VW's combination of luxury, stout structure, and speed with the 2.0L DI Turbo, as well as the promise of the nimbler new chassis, puts it over the top, imo.

It's time for Delta cars to get a simple, light, effective AWD system. Imagine an HHR SS DI Turbo with AWD, or a "Club Sport" Cobalt with fewer creature comforts to lighten it up, no rear wing, slightly flared fenders... and that drivetrain/chassis combo. Subie who?

By the by, feast on this visual... Pontiac Vibe Mk II, based on Delta with the same engine and chassis developments mentioned above. Could be enough to make a Pontiac fan forget about the dull, Toyota-based Mk I.

• 4 weeks later...
The Mk. V Golf GTI is a bit too bland.

I would take the Opel/Vauxhall Astra GTC over the Golf GTI. The GTC has the visual pizazz and the performance. The Astra is the best Delta-type car, hands down. Why does the U.S. always get something inferior?

It's definitely a HOT hatch! Edited by MyerShift