lP ll lMl lP lMl //l lHl lL //l lD //l

C.H.U.D.

All I'm going to say is You can take the Russian out of Communism but you can't take the comunism out of the Russian. It's sad taht a country wiht tons of land, natrual resources and loads of smart people keeps itself so damned opressed and ill-developed. I'm not sure if that comes off as mean or sympathetic but it's a sad reality. Now as far as these cars it's a random mix of 3 decade's worth of cars from eastern europe. Most of them are not stock or unmodified so it's tough to judge what's just the owner's poor taste and what is just gross design.

All I'm going to say is

You can take the Russian out of Communism but you can't take the comunism out of the Russian.
It's sad taht a country wiht tons of land, natrual resources and loads of smart people keeps itself so damned opressed and ill-developed. I'm not sure if that comes off as mean or sympathetic but it's a sad reality.
Now as far as these cars it's a random mix of 3 decade's worth of cars from eastern europe. Most of them are not stock or unmodified so it's tough to judge what's just the owner's poor taste and what is just gross design.

[post="62442"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Wow, that almost has something to do with the post. Congrats.

And its not really a 'random mix;' these are all Lada products, a mixture of Samaras, 110s, 105s, Kalinas, and Niva SUVs. And actually, the modified ones are rally cars or factory conversions.

Fly: So I take it you find those cars to be aestetically pleasing and well built? Or perhaps you think it's just a coincidence that they're all made in Russia right? Nothing to do wiht five decades of oppression by misconstrued communist ideals? It's like oil and water with you and me. <_< Edited by Sixty8panther

Fly:

So I take it you find those cars to be aestetically pleasing and well built?

Or perhaps you think it's just a coincidence that they're all made in Russia right? Nothing to do wiht five decades of oppression by misconstrued communist ideals?

It's like oil and water with you and me. <_<

[post="62484"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

First, you were wrong about your description of the cars.

Second, Communist ideology doesn't beget poor design; poor design begets poor design. I've seen cars styled just as bad or worse from free nations.

Third, I never mentioned anything about the quality or styling.

Fourth,

You can take the Russian out of Communism but you can't take the comunism out of the Russian.

means what exactly? That the USSR did not dissolve some decade-and-a-half ago? That Russia = Communism and that's it? Period? That's a pretty 5th grade worldview of things if its what you truly mean. I don't know, hence my comment.

Fourth,  means what exactly? That the USSR did not dissolve some decade-and-a-half ago? That Russia = Communism and that's it? Period? That's a pretty 5th grade worldview of things if its what you truly mean. I don't know, hence my comment.

[post="62487"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Have you kept up with world politics in the past 15 years? :blink:

How far would you say Russia has come as a nation since 1990? Do you really believe that they're keeping up wiht the rest of us finally? C'mon now.

When you have the Mafia controling gasoline prices & extremely corrupt politicians screwing the system in every way possible while most of the country is at near poverty levels I'd say that makes it hard to manufacture, market and sell desirable products.

Ladas from the past few years still make 1980s Hyundais look like Italian exotics. And the ones that looked decent back in the day were just rebadged Fiats.

You ever heard the saying you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy? Think about waht I said and you'll understand. I was born and lived in an Eastern European country... the people are/were conditioned to act and think a certain way... a mild form of brainwashing in a way. This mentality does not go away overnight.

Have you kept up with world politics in the past 15 years? :blink:

How far would you say Russia has come as a nation since 1990? Do you really believe that they're keeping up wiht the rest of us finally? C'mon now.

When you have the Mafia controling gasoline prices & extremely corrupt politicians screwing the system in every way possible while most of the country is at near poverty levels I'd say that makes it hard to manufacture, market and sell desirable products.

Ladas from the past few years still make 1980s Hyundais look like Italian exotics. And the ones that looked decent back in the day were just rebadged Fiats.
You ever heard the saying you can take the boy out of the country but you can't take the country out of the boy? Think about waht I said and you'll understand. I was born and lived in an Eastern European country... the people are/were conditioned to act and think a certain way... a mild form of brainwashing in a way. This mentality does not go away overnight.

[post="62610"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Yep. its more cultural though. Like what appears to be insanity in some middle east countries is just normal dayly life. I remember interviews with young folks in Ireland 15 years ago or so and they were saying how dayly bombings and "war" was all they knew, it was just another day in paradise. Much like the war zones in our own inner cities and schools for that matter.

It will take generations or prosperity to change the mind set in any area and chance of prosperity in Russia is limited to those that had the power to jump on "capitolism" on the first new day one. Now just exactly who were those fortunant ones ? This is and will be reflected in their culture and styling for decades. they have to evolve from where they were, it will take time.

Wow.. I was suckered pretty good there.  I know this is a car forum & everything; but when I see "Hot Russian Models" on a topic thread -- anywhere on the internet -- I guess I expect something different than 4 wheels & sheet metal.  I'm so disappointed.

[post="62521"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post]

Score!

Razor: that's a good comparison. exactly.