I drove a 2010 Equinox today.

hyperv6

We had a few new GM MFG cars in at work today. One was the 2010 Camaro SS it posted and one of the others was the 2010 Nox.

The one I drove was a 4 cylinder LT2.

Seating and the interior is great. It fit me fine and I felt comfortable as soon as I got in and set the seat. It is easy to see out of. THe dash lay out has a lot of things on it but they are well label and easy to find. The digital screens are wasy to read even in very bright sun. I did not know it has a digital spedo in the middle of the regular speedo and tach. While it is not heads up it is nice when you are used to HUD.

Transmission shifts smooth. and is as good as the similar unit in the Malibu.

The engine. Well It is great on city streets and by no means lugs around. Now getting on the freeway you have to rev it out and it is a little loud. It got me on but I would not mistake it for the power of my 2.0 Turbo. I would have to opt for the V6 if I do buy one. Many other people may not be disapointed as I am sure this 2.4 is better than many other 4 cylinder cross overs on the market.

The brakes were find and felt like my HHR and Malibu.

The ride was smooth and no torque steer. I would not know it was FWD at least with the 4 cylinder on dry roads. Cabin noise was quiet unless I was a WOT. I would hate to hear it without the electronic noise cancelation.

The one thing that did stick out to me is the steering felt quick but twitchy. It felt like a performace steering ratio with springs and tires that just did not feel as in harmony. By all means it was not a deal breaker. It just did not feel as well tuned as some of GM's other offering I have drive. With a little more wheel time I would have adapted but my HHR and Bu both feel a lot more in tune and that the suspensions feel as one vs this one.

THe best way to describe the steering is it felt like my Sonoma ZQ8 suspension after I removed the 255-55-16 tires for the winter 215-70-15 wrangler snow tires. Kind of like the truck was willing but the tires where not.

Over all this is a good package and a good value. I would like to drive the v6 now in a LTZ package.

Oh back seat room is limo like in leg room. The seat move 8 inches and if you don't fit in there you will not fit most anywhere.

This vehicle is a step up for Chevy from the past Nox and a a big step up in the market.

+1 about the 4 cyl vs. V6. I test drove a 2010 GMC Terrain today - an SLE-2 AWD with the 4 cyl engine. Not a bad ride at all, but I was disappointed with the 4 cyl engine and would have to upgrade to the 3.0L V6 engine. I also am not a fan of the cloth material used for the SLE trim, it wasn't the old-GM mouse fur fabric, but it wasn't the more modern neoprene-like fabric either. Whatever it is, I'd rather upgrade to the SLT (leather) trimmed model.

On the flip-side, the wife test drove a $35k 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL FWD and loved it (I choose not to drive it, as I wanted to drive the GMC Terrain, but was a passenger in the car and was impressed with it's overall ride & handling). She wants that, I want the Terrain :rolleyes:

+1 about the 4 cyl vs. V6. I test drove a 2010 GMC Terrain today - an SLE-2 AWD with the 4 cyl engine. Not a bad ride at all, but I was disappointed with the 4 cyl engine and would have to upgrade to the 3.0L V6 engine. I also am not a fan of the cloth material used for the SLE trim, it wasn't the old-GM mouse fur fabric, but it wasn't the more modern neoprene-like fabric either. Whatever it is, I'd rather upgrade to the SLT (leather) trimmed model.

On the flip-side, the wife test drove a $35k 2010 Buick LaCrosse CXL FWD and loved it (I choose not to drive it, as I wanted to drive the GMC Terrain, but was a passenger in the car and was impressed with it's overall ride & handling). She wants that, I want the Terrain :rolleyes:

I am sure they would like to sell you both! LOL!

The Nox I drove was leather and nothing outstanding nothing bad at all. I imagine the AWD 4 would be sluggish.

How did you find the steering on the Terrain? I may just be more used to perfromance based steering and was overly sensitive. I just like the feel of my SS steering even with the electric assiste.