Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HarleyEarl

What is the Significance?

11 posts in this topic

What is the significance of the 1959 Chevrolet El Camino?

Posted Image Edited by HarleyEarl

well, 1959 was the first camino...59 and 60 were the only years based on the impala with the 59 being nearly an identical copy of an impala while the 60 was differentiated a little bit more, but still shared some pretty major and basic similarities...I don't know what the significance of that one is specifically...maybe it's the paint job? For some reason that looks like a custom restored camino and the color doesn't look like one that would come on the car stock...then again, I'm really not sure...

You are right Nick and sorry, I worded the question incorrectly, meant this year in general...I edited it. Thanks for the El Camino trivia.

Well I just learned something because I've never known a damn thing about Caminos.

This '59 is truly the most amazing El Camino I have ever set eyes on. Stunning purity, subtle, yet hot as hell fire.

Posted Image

I never heard that... I know the '58 was a stand-alone situation. The '59 and '60 look to me like they just have the normal year-to-year facelift.

I love the '59 El Camino... It is probably my favorite classic car-based truck. The black one looks especially hot.

same...look how the chrome trim follows the base of the windshield and then up the side and back in a little lip at the back....I love those details.

I have a real nice 1:24 scale '59 ElCamino model in candy apple scarlet. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0