unimpressed

cletus8269

so on the way to work today i came up to a stop light. a black jacked up trd doublecab v8 tundra is beside me. now of course i was unfortunatley in the colorado instead of the impala but the dude rolls on me. then he rolls again. well, unabated i took his offer. tis a sad thing to see when a "380 hp" v8 doesnt start pulling away from the I5 colorado until halfway through 2nd gear... he was interested in turning at the next light which i was turning well before otherwise i would have stayed in a little longer, but i made sure to give him the big ole thumbs down shaking head before turning. you would thing that mom and dad would have bought a better truck to send jr off to college in...

fast? now hehe not by a long shot. a certain 91 gmc whichever model you choose, would take that turdras lunch and have its way with his mama. now a better would have been if i still had my 90 SS454. 230hp but stumpbusting 400ft/lbs of torque. :scratchchin:

Edited by cletus8269

fast? now hehe not by a long shot. a certain 91 gmc whichever model you choose, would take that turdras lunch and have its way with his mama. now a better would have been if i still had my 90 SS454. 230hp but stumpbusting 400ft/lbs of torque. :scratchchin:

You mean a GMC Syclone I belief sir. I love those early 90's SS454 trucks, weren't they still backed by Turbo 400's for the first model year or two? Those were freaking sweet, and on eBay always go for big bucks. Now if you had one of those new 5.3L V8 powered Colorado's I bet things might have been a smidge different.

Edited by gm4life

indeed sir, the syclone or typhoons were nothing to sneeze at. interestingly enough the spelling of syclone came about becuase ford still had cyclone and wouldnt give it up. now i did have the 90 ss454 which had the th400 with a 3.73 rear end. in 91 they ponied up and slid the 700r4 in it but the knucle heads changed the rear to a 4.10... the 1990 had 230hp and by 93 the last year which is most coveted, especially the white ones, had 245 or 265hp. if it hadnt been for gas i would have kept mine. we got it from a family friend for 10000 with 36000 miles on the clock. on trucks they did a build up comparo with a 1990 454 and a 94 lighting. when they did the heads and headers and a few more things to the ss they had it up to 405hp and that was a mild build up.

indeed sir, the syclone or typhoons were nothing to sneeze at. interestingly enough the spelling of syclone came about becuase ford still had cyclone and wouldnt give it up. now i did have the 90 ss454 which had the th400 with a 3.73 rear end. in 91 they ponied up and slid the 700r4 in it but the knucle heads changed the rear to a 4.10... the 1990 had 230hp and by 93 the last year which is most coveted, especially the white ones, had 245 or 265hp. if it hadnt been for gas i would have kept mine. we got it from a family friend for 10000 with 36000 miles on the clock. on trucks they did a build up comparo with a 1990 454 and a 94 lighting. when they did the heads and headers and a few more things to the ss they had it up to 405hp and that was a mild build up.

Well it is something if had the chance to get on a good price I just might. Plus having a truck around has it advantages, for a trip to Lowes (even if it is the short bed). Having said that on my semi-old affordable car list a 87-92 Trans Am GTA and as an '86 GP Aero Coupe.

Edited by gm4life

Well it is something if had the chance to get on a good price I just might. Plus having a truck around has it advantages, for a trip to Lowes (even if it is the short bed). Having said that on my semi-old affordable car list a 87-92 Trans Am GTA and as an '86 GP Aero Coupe.

The Syclone and Typhoon has rediculously low cargo ratings... something like 400-500 pounds. So two of your larger friends in the back may help you break a driveshaft.

The Syclone and Typhoon has rediculously low cargo ratings... something like 400-500 pounds. So two of your larger friends in the back may help you break a driveshaft.

The Syclone had a 500 pound cargo carrying capacity in the bed; towing was a no-no with the Syclone. Not sure about the Tyohoon, but being that there was room for two adults in the back seat plus some cargo space for luggage/etc., I'm sure the Jimmy-based Typhoon carried more weight than the Syclone.