Just saw a nasty accident

Camino LS6

On rt252 not far from my place. Somehow a BMW X5 ended-up being 90 degrees out from the roadway with its nose up a 45 degree embankment after a collision with a Ford Explorer and possibly another car. The X5 was entirely off of the road with its nose against a tree.

Must have been something to see happen, the physics of it all puzzle me.

Be safe everyone.

I once saw an 18 wheeler, an expedition, and a Chevrolet Crew Cab 4x4 all jamed under the same highway overpass in Georgia. Sat on the interstate for three hours unable to move until they brought in a gigantic crane to get the Semi and the smaller trucks out.

The physics of THAT one I would like to understand...

NASTY looking accident!

Chris

After seeing the scene in daylight this morning, I think I have figured out how it happened.

I think the Explorer must have done an unintentional "pit manuever" at speed on the X5, causing it to pivot to the right and up the embankment. The tree has a major scar from where it stopped the X5. The jolt must have been major.