Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Intrepidation

What a Trooper

5 posts in this topic

Insured and re-registered the Grand Marquis Monday, got a battery for it today. Duralast Gold. It was about 20 degrees and it hadn't been started or taken around the block in at least a month. It was 22 degrees.

Fired right up, took it for a 10 mile drive through traffic, back roads, and some highway. Works like a champ. Next week it's getting a "new" transmission.

If the point is RE the battery, a month's time of sitting/ firing up is a non-event (unless it's a complete roach).

I remember firing up a 20-yr old Grand Prix after it had been sitting a year, in the dead of winter (the radiator was full of ice & snow was on the ground). Then again, that was a PMD Pontiac, not a GM Pontiac. ;)

Well the car had sat mostly since August (obviously not 20 years but whatev). I got a used battery for it in November so I could move it around, but they hard didn't have the right size and it could never really start the car after sitting for more than a day. Decided just to get a new battery with a warranty.

No point in getting into a pissing match with you since you're older than me and most of the cars you deal with are older than my cars' ages combined. :P

All I've done to it since it sat was change the oil, add p/s fluid (it slowly leaks it somewhere), replace an engine ground wire, replace the corroded battery terminal connectors, and plugs the power seat switch back in.

Looking forward to being able to reverse it again.

Not trying to compete, just sayin: I don't rate that situation as tough for something proven like a Grand Marquis.

It's always good when a 'sleeping' car is shocked back awake again.

I should do something like that someday, when instead I smacked myself for forgetting to scrap the COE's 6-volt battery when I took 5 others the other day. :rolleyes:

>>"...most of the cars you deal with are older than my cars' ages combined. :P "<<

Oh, nice. ;)

Edited by balthazar

I wonder if that old Caravan would start if I hooked the battery up to it...haven't run it in 4-5 years.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0