It's back on Ebay....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1969-Chevro...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'm a little confused. It did not sell for $800,000 so the guy relists it for $1.5 million? I guess if a retarded Hemi-Cuda ragtop is worht $3,000,000 then this is definately worht half that. Gorgeous car. Perhaps in another life I can own a COPO-ZL1 but not this tie around. :(

Posted Image

I think it's relisted by the same seller... almost positive. I remember posting this same car in like Oct. or Nov.

Damn, I want a real ZL1.

If you don't chuckle at this...

US $1,495,000.00 

Get low monthly payments

...then I'm sad for you.

Seriously, $1.5 million for that? What a retard. All original? Who cares?

Please note the only form of payment is a wire transfer or CASH.

Fool.

$1.5 mil with 9777 miles. Some moron will pay the $1.5 mil, it'll sit in his garage for three years and he'll sell it for $650,000 with 9777 miles on it to some guy who owns it for six or seven years then gets divorced, his wife gets the car in the divorce, out of spite she sells it($100 with 9777 miles on it) to the 16 year old kid who mows the lawn, he wraps it around a tree. I just gave you the rest of this cars life story. Moving on.....

Welll, paying $1.5 million for a 1969 Camaro may seem ludicrous, even an all aluminum 427 powered al original COPO ZL1, but in todays age of $3,000,000 Hemi Cudas and $3,000,000 F88 concepts it's pretty tame.

Rich people are killing it for the rest of us. When cars like the ZL1 and Hemi Cuda fetch prices like that, it's only natural that their more plebian counterparts have their values (and the values of the parts to fix them)jacked up as well. So, grab your Citation X11s while you still can :P

Welll, paying $1.5 million for a 1969 Camaro may seem ludicrous, even an all aluminum 427 powered al original COPO ZL1, but in todays age of $3,000,000 Hemi Cudas and $3,000,000 F88 concepts it's pretty tame.

To choose a Hemi Cuda or any production muscle car over something like the Olds F-88 shows a lack of thought capacity. Something like an F-88 or similar concept car is usually one-off, completely unique, never intended to be sold, and filled with glorious workmanship in innovation. No muscle car could ever be in the same league.

I think if I had Jay Leno kind of money I'd own a McLaren F1 and/or a Bugatti Veyron. But first I'd buy up a bunch of way more cool cars from more glorious eras.

I want that Boat tail Cadillac V16 Roadster made by Pinninfarina. It's SOOOOO gorgeous. I could go to Cadillac-only and Italian only shows with the same car!

I would also want a few Deusenbergs, Cord 810s, Auburn Speedsters, Dual Cowl Phaeton Packards and perhaps even one of the Tuckers. Those are cars that are worth their wieght in diamonds.

Yeah, I see a Hemi Cuda or whatever going for three to five-times a Tucker? Too much money and not enough brains.

Esp. when there's always a small chance the car left the factory wiht a 440 or even 318 and someone who wrapped a HEMI around a telephone pole in 1979 decided to be creative wiht the engine & vin tag swap. It's pretty easy to replicate some of these cars.

Esp. when there's always a small chance the car left the factory wiht a 440 or even 318 and someone who wrapped a HEMI around a telephone pole in 1979 decided to be creative wiht the engine & vin tag swap. It's pretty easy to replicate some of these cars.

That's true as well. The big thing to me is that no matter what kind of limited-run Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang you have...its still a Camaro, Challenger, or Mustang and the vast majority of people don't know the difference and furthermore don't care. Something unique like a Tucker or a roadable dream car is far more appealing for the stratospheric bucks you're talking about. Imagine a '56 Buick Centurion in your driveway.

COPO Camaros are special. Unlike Mopars wiht Sublime and GoMango Pint and lous HEMI graphics the COPO/ZL1 cars were stripped out ot the max. Dog dish hubcaps, no chrome trim, almost all were non-RS cars and most had NO emblems. True factory sleepers unlike a hundred other factory sleepers wiht an emblem on every body panel declaring what's under the hood.

But yes, I do see your point. I think the 1969 Camaro is such a great car because it was a groudbreaking design. By 1970 the Challenger, Cuda and esp. the Mustang were just pale imitations of the '69 F-body.

I think if I had Jay Leno kind of money I'd own a McLaren F1 and/or a Bugatti Veyron. But first I'd buy up a bunch of way more cool cars from more glorious eras.

I want that Boat tail Cadillac V16 Roadster made by Pinninfarina. It's SOOOOO gorgeous. I could go to Cadillac-only and Italian only shows with the same car!

I would also want a few Deusenbergs, Cord 810s, Auburn Speedsters, Dual Cowl Phaeton Packards and perhaps even one of the Tuckers. Those are cars that are worth their wieght in diamonds.

Excellent choice in cars!! I also love the Cord Coffin-Nose, Deusenbergs, Auburns, and Packards. What an era!! Throw in my favorites from the 60s and 2 cars from the early 70s and my collection would be complete!!!!

Edited by funkypunnk

Rich people are killing it for the rest of us. When cars like the ZL1 and Hemi Cuda fetch prices like that, it's only natural that their more plebian counterparts have their values (and the values of the parts to fix them)jacked up as well. So, grab your Citation X11s while you still can :P

These are "rich people" who were kids when these vehicles were built. It happens with every generation. When they grow up, they buy the cars they wanted as kids. This is why muscle cars of the 1960s and 1970s are worth money today. Wait another 10-20 years and you'll see Lamborghini Countachs and Ferrari Testarossas from the 1980s going for seven figures. I'd even be willing to bet that the 1989 Turbo Trans Am and 1987 GNX will be two of the most valuable six-cylinder cars ever in about 20 years. Give the 1992 Viper and 1997 Prowler (I'm betting more on the 2001 CHRYSLER Prowler, though) a couple of decades and you'll see them going for high six-figure ranges.

Wouldn't it be interesting if the 1980 Dodge Omni deTomaso or 1982 Chevrolet Cavalier Cadet or 1988 Cadillac valiant attempt at an entry-level luxury car d'Oro or 1986 Mercury LN7 spiked in value to the high six-digit range in 2020?

Hmm.. that dude lives kinda near me..

yeah he does. Im pretty close to. hmm. give me a lock pick some pliars and can some one find a new VIN, Plate, and registration please. :lol::rolleyes:<_<

I hate to admit this on the internet but I have two complete firewall tags and vins for 1969 Camaros. I got them from the junkyard off unsavable cars and both cars are now saddly crushed. :(

Another reason why I'll be buying one of those repro-kit car 1969s in the future. :D