Camino LS6

Suddenly, I'm craving tea

13 posts in this topic

Must be because I've been immersed in British cars all day.

Pulled the drivetrain from one of the race cars, and spent some quality time exercising the Healey 3000 today.

People really point and stare when you drive something like that around!

Cool...

I like having my afternoon tea at around 2-3..keeps me from falling asleep in my cube. Though it's not nearly as fun as it is in the UK w/ the scones, clotted cream, finger sandwiches..

I always start my day with a cup of tea. Though I prefer the taste of coffee, tea is less of a hassle and healthier.

What does the Healey drive like?

Maybe my dad and I will be able to work on the MG this summer.

The Healey has a very different drive to it. I found the gearing of the trans to be a bit odd, and the ride is rough with a capital "R", but it has a huge fun-factor going for it.

If I spent a week with it, I think I'd both like it more and be glad to be back in my Tahoe. It would be a fun car to find the limits of although living with one daily would get old.

Neat little piece of history.

The car is all 50s in design and tech even though it is a '67. But I do get why people fall in love with them. The thing just reeks of cool.

Tiny seats, tiny doors, giant steering wheel - none of that matters very much when driving it.

In nice weather, with the top down, it would be a real hoot to cruise around some windy roads.

I'd bet it is. I think classic British sports cars aren't so much about the sport of racing, as simply the sport of driving. Having the closest possible connection to your car, the road, and your surroundings. Not necessarily driving fast, but driving on the limit.

I'd bet it is. I think classic British sports cars aren't so much about the sport of racing, as simply the sport of driving. Having the closest possible connection to your car, the road, and your surroundings. Not necessarily driving fast, but driving on the limit.

Yeah, kind of a sports car in it's purest form. The Miata is the closest to that formula today. It's been about 30 years, but I still fondly remember as a kid riding around the desert w/ ex-brother-in-law #1 in his TR-6 and TR-8, when they were running.

Beautiful car.

It's gorgeous in person, I'll try to get some better pics before it gets sold.

Wow, that is a very nice interior. I was expecting something a little more spartan.

I just made some tea as well :D

I love the interior - but you almost have to stand outside of the car to appreciate it as it is so small. :lol:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

• Who's Online (See full list)

There are no registered users currently online

• Who's Chatting

There are no users currently in the chat room