2010 diecast announcements?

I've tried looking online for any new GM-related diecasts from Johnny Lightning, Matchbox, and Hot Wheels (to name a few) with no luck. So I'm calling on our expert in this area, OldsGuy (and anyone else "in the know"), if you've heard about, read, or saw something online indicating what GM-related diecast collectibles will be issued in 2010 to please post here. TIA!

One of sources I use for upcoming release info is the Hobby Talk forums. Under diecast, they have forums for Greenlight, Johnny Lightning, M2, Hot Wheels, Matchbox and others. I also check HotWheelsCollector.com (official site), JohnnyLightning.com periodically, and get the email newsletter from vendor Milezone.

http://www.hobbytalk.com/bbs1/forumdisplay.php?f=52

As far as new releases, I ordered a few new last night from Milezone, incl. the Matchbox Lesney Series issue of the '69 Cadillac (yellow w/ black top), the '76 Chevy stepside PU (blue and white two-tone), the JL Forever 64 '80 Malibu 2dr (gold).

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Not diecast, but for model builders like myself, Revell has had some solid new 1:25th scale GM kits released in the last month, incl. their all-new '72 Olds Hurst Olds convertible kit, their new '57 Chevy Bel Air 2dr sedan 2n1 kit, and reissues of their '60 Impala ht and '57 Cadillac Eldorado Brougham (an ancient kit--tooling goes back to '57!).

Well, for Hot Wheels 2010 regular line, youve seen most of them already...

'09 Cadillac CTS-V

'67 Firebird 400

'09 Corvette Stingray Concept

Ghostbusters Ecto-1

'67 Chevelle SS

'87 Monte Carlo SS

Out of these only the Ecto and Monte are still eluding me. I think the Ecto is out, but the Monte is not yet.

As for Matchbox, there is some good stuff coming...

1957 GMC Pickup

2008 Holden VE SSV ute

2010 Cadillac CTS wagon

I dont have any info on new castings for M2 or GL, since they dont have typical year runs like MB & HW, but Im sure there will be some.

For now everything else is repaints of existing castings that I aware of.

'09 Cadillac CTS-V

'67 Firebird 400

Ghostbusters Ecto-1

'67 Chevelle SS

'87 Monte Carlo SS

Out of these only the Ecto and Monte are still eluding me. I think the Ecto is out, but the Monte is not yet.

As for Matchbox, there is some good stuff coming...

1957 GMC Pickup

2008 Holden VE SSV ute

2010 Cadillac CTS wagon

I dont have any info on new castings for M2 or GL, since they dont have typical year runs like MB & HW, but Im sure there will be some.

For now everything else is repaints of existing castings that I aware of.

:o:omfg::wub:

'09 Cadillac CTS-V

'67 Firebird 400

Ghostbusters Ecto-1

'67 Chevelle SS

'87 Monte Carlo SS

Same here, I've found all of these except for the last 2...found the Corvette concept in silver and yellow variations, and the Firebird in green (love that color) and red. The CTS-v only in dark metallic gray.

As far as repaints, found the Matchbox ZR1 in gray yesterday at Target.

Anyone that finds any of the new diecast, please post pictures when you can.

I can't wait to find the new Matchbox '57 GMC pickup(MB has had the '57 GMC design for a while; they issued a 1/18th panel truck decorated as either a Coca-Cola <yellow> or Texaco <black> back in 2003 or 2004).

• 1 month later...

Very lucky shopping day Saturday - hit a couple of retail stores in southern NJ after getting some service work done on the Envoy. All found in the Deptford, NJ shopping area: HW Ecto-1 @ Wal-Mart; cool new HW 2010 truck-based Rapid Response (ambulance) @ Toys R Us; MB finds @ Target - 2010 Ford Raptor in orange and the 1957 GMC 100 stepside pickup!!; the JL red '92 GMC Typhoon @ Toys R Us in Cherry Hill; finally, the HW 2010 "City Works" GMC Motorhome 'shuttle' @ Wal-Mart in Cherry Hill.

If anyones interested in photos of any of the above, let me know and I'll post some soon.

• 2 weeks later...

'09 Cadillac CTS-V

'67 Firebird 400

Ghostbusters Ecto-1

'67 Chevelle SS

'87 Monte Carlo SS

Heck ... I still haven't been able to find that MCSS Aerocoupe you posted some time ago, bud. At least ... not locally. If I can find it online somewhere, I may just have to order it ... lol.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice|models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows|RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"If I only knew then what I know now" ... Lee Greenwood ... 'Fool's Gold'

Found only one Ecto-1 so far, but no MC SS. I guess it's still not out yet? I was very surprised to find the '57 GMC stepside pickup though, and at more than one Target.

Recently, I picked up the 2nd color release of the HW '09 CTS-V - now in a maroon metallic color. Also spotted the HW '10 Camaro SS in silver with red lower accents and Indy 500 logos on the doors at Walmart.

No, the HW MC SS isnt out yet. And, yes I found the '57, and I even picked up a spare for a certain person, but alas, he seems to have already found one. Haven't seen the new Camaro either yet... hmm...

But what else have I found since my last post...

Greenlight...

Musclecar Garage Rel 12

- Dk gray 2010 Camaro SS

- Yellow 2009 Corvette GT1 Edition

- Orange 1971 GTO Judge

Muscle Car Garage Hobby Edition

- blue 1967 Impala SS

Black Bandits

- 1970 Olds 442

Johnny Lightning...

Johnny Retro

- wine-colored Olds 442

Musclecars

- additional white Typhoon

- new blisterpack '87 Monte SS Aero (maroon) (may just have a spare of these for somebody...)

Hot Wheels Garage

- dk green '69 GTO

Edited by Olds Guy

FWIW, there is a repaint on the '57 GMC exclusive to Walmart that has "Sam's Deliveries" in blue on a pearl white truck.

Do you have a picture of this one available? Is it in special packaging? I've been to several Wamarts this weekend looking for a new toaster (wife had to have an exact one), and checked out all their toy depts and did not see one of these trucks available yet (though surprisingly I found two 2001 "Heros" edition MB trucks).

Still looking for the Ecto....

I'd like to collect more, but my tot loves his Hot wheels....

It took me a while to find the one I did, haven't seen anymore since, and I had to make sure the little guy did not see the one I bought. My general rule is that I buy two of whatever I'm getting, one for me to keep in the package and one for him to have/open/play with. I did that with my step-son and continue with Justin. Of course the wife hates the ton of cars over the years (yeah, both mine and the boys!!).

I just got the Ecto last week.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/cadillac_v16/4535678075/

The best part is all that dumb $h! on the roof is removable, it's kind of a clip-on/off deal.

With all that crap of the roof the car still looks somewhat silly with its SRX style skyroof & twin 1980s giant police light bars on the roof but it's a big improvement over the standrd ECTO look.

The Caddy Ecto-1 ambulance looks cool. Most of the Hot Wheels I've found lately have been repaints of existing tools, like the Vega now in white. The last new tool HW I've found was the '71 Maverick Grabber in yellow I found a few weeks ago.

I've mostly been collecting GL and M2 diecast this year, w/ selected Matchbox, Hot Wheels,and JLs.

No, the HW MC SS isnt out yet.

I'm eager to see what this new one looks like, since they've already did one ... in "stocker" form:

HW_MC4thgen_TOP.jpg

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"This is not where you belong" ... Restless Heart ... 'Why Does It Have To Be (Wrong or Right)?'

I'm eager to see what this new one looks like, since they've already did one ... in "stocker" form:

HW_MC4thgen_TOP.jpg

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"This is not where you belong" ... Restless Heart ... 'Why Does It Have To Be (Wrong or Right)?'

I've got that black one too! And a couple of other repaints of that model (mostly HW Racing themed).

• 3 weeks later...

I've got that black one too! And a couple of other repaints of that model (mostly HW Racing themed).

*grins*

I, actually, have a few others of that model, too ... didn't realize it until after I had taken the pics. I have a couple more racing themed paints ... and one "sparkly pink" paint scheme ... I can't remember who gave that one to me ... LOL!

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *

"No one's there to talk or understand" ... Sugar Ray ... 'Falls Apart'