For the first time since the winter of '84/'85...

Camino LS6

...I will not be plowing a snowstorm.

The ROPOS made it through the last massive snowfall, and a second day of cleanup plowing, just fine. But yesterday when I went to move it, reverse was gone from the trans.

After a mad dash to find the right trans, all efforts have failed - so for the first time ever, I will not be able to meet my obligations as far as plowing goes.

I guess 25 years of not missing a single storm is a pretty good record, but it still makes me feel like $h! to have to admit defeat and bring that streak to a close. Up until today, I had been out there pushing snow in every single snowstorm since '85, and driven in every one since '79.

I guess it had to end sometime.

Bleh, and I'm stir crazy because work is closed today and I have no 4X4 to go cruising around in. I can imagine what it's like for a guy who always got keyed up to go out and work in this weather... torture. Sorry to hear, Camino.:(

It's an essential part of being a man, being able to travel in any weather... just because. I'd give anything to be able to enjoy my day off by going out driving in a 4X4 pickup truck, heading to the diner for breakfast, surveying the countryside... sigh. Be careful out there if you go, watch out for lunatics.

It's an essential part of being a man, being able to travel in any weather... just because. I'd give anything to be able to enjoy my day off by going out driving in a 4X4 pickup truck, heading to the diner for breakfast, surveying the countryside... sigh. Be careful out there if you go, watch out for lunatics.

Like men who feel they should be able to travel in any weather?

Like men who feel they should be able to travel in any weather?

Traveling is one thing, flying and forgetting that even a 4X4 cannot stop in this weather is another. Just a leisurely jaunt around the local area is a great way to spend a snowy day like this. Of course, a CR-V might not help a man fully realize this goal. AVALANCHE, baybee!:AH-HA:

EDIT: OMG Drew, were you unable to fly out?

Edited by ocnblu

Traveling is one thing, flying and forgetting that even a 4X4 cannot stop in this weather is another. Just a leisurely jaunt around the local area is a great way to spend a snowy day like this. Of course, a CR-V might not help a man fully realize this goal. AVALANCHE, baybee!:AH-HA:

EDIT: OMG Drew, were you unable to fly out?

My original flight got canceled, but because I travel so much I am one of those "elite" members or something so I get priority rebooking. I arrived in Chicago around 1pm yesterday.

The CR-V actually does very well. I'm rather impressed with that little Civic Wagon on Stilts' capabilities.

yeah, still want to get an Avalanche.... not there yet.

A photo of your reflection in the massive chromium steel bumper of a 2011 2500HD, a closeup shot of the 2011 Ford Edge Sport's aluminum wheel, and several pictures of the hole in the wall from the Avalon's runaway will be sufficient.:smilewide:

Well, that adventure was interesting!

The Tahoe plowed right through the 8-10" of snow and I met the plow guy I found to handle the job at the end of the lane. So I left the Tahoe with Arkus there and jumped into his truck. After a successful pass, he backed-up too fast and went off the edge. So, I trudged up the lane to get the Tahoe, then to the barn for a chain, and pulled the plow truck out of the ditch. I guided him through the rest of the job and made it to Wawa and back just fine.

I feel a bit better about things now. :smilewide:

Unlike some of you, when I was younger we were stuck at home in the snow (the downside of my parents owning two cars). I am use to going stir crazy at home when the snow strands me there from years of "practice"!! I remember when I had my 2001 GMC Sonoma SLS Highrider Extended Cab 4WD and the snow didn't stop me finally. Even with the '05 GMC Envoy SLT 4WD, snowy days were no longer a concern. Now, with the G6 sedan's crappy Hancook tires, and the '96 Caddy FWB's overactive traction control, I'm back to reliving my childhood days of being stuck inside the house, watching the snow fall outside of the window!!