Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
bigpoolog

Running SLI on S775/AMD Chipsets

6 posts in this topic

http://www.neoseeker.com/news/11491-enable-sli-on-your-s775-motherboard/

http://www.xdevs.com/e107_plugins/content/content.php?content.30

I'd heard of this a couple months ago, but didn't follow up until today. Normally, nVidia made you use their platforms, which were generally craptacular, or you had to buy an Intel chipset that was licensed by nVidia (extra charge) in order to run their multi graphics card solution SLI. Thanks to this hack, you can actually run SLI on an Intel P45/X48, or even AMD chipsets!

I read about this about 6 months ago on max pc. It is a good hack. No more taking it from NVIDIA.

There wre some problems with overclocking initially, I hope that got fixed.

God I so need a new desktop/workstation.

Just under a year, and the software has improved immensely. I now have a pair of GTX 470's on my AMD rig through the hack, and couldn't be more pleased with the outcome!

My paired 470's on my x58 run amazing as well. When I need my computer equipment to be reliable I can't rely on "hacks" no matter how good some one says it is.

My paired 470's on my x58 run amazing as well. When I need my computer equipment to be reliable I can't rely on "hacks" no matter how good some one says it is.

I hear that. But I bought this AMD system when X58 will still very expensive, and P55 wasn't even out. So I'm making do. :P

The patch will really be put to the test when I get triple-monitor 'Surround' going. However, overclocking via Afterburner, and benchmarking has been entirely stable, with both cards running on par with 480's now.

You should post your PC's spec's into the C&G systems thread!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0