Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Sales Charts for January 2006

Sales for January 2006 were up 8.06% over January 2005, and down 22.65% over December 2005.

In the ten segments defined in the charts below, the following overall statistics apply (in order of display):

Entry-level segment was up 15.54% over January 2005, and down 2.4% over December 2005.

Midsize-Large Mainstreamers were up 15.04% over January 2005, and down 4.29% over December 2005.

Mainstreamer Coupes were up 11.46% over January 2005, and up 1.72% over December 2005.

Luxury, up 25.7% over January 2005, and down 29.6% over December 2005.

Sports & GT, up 7.81% over January 2005, and down 23.51% over December 2005.

Minivans, up 6.1% over January 2005, and down 22.51% over December 2005.

Crossovers were up 3.55% over January 2005, and down 28.95% over December 2005.

SUVs were up 0.29% over January 2005, and down 35.97% over December 2005.

Pickup Trucks were down 3.91% over January 2005, and down 38.23% over December 2005.

Hybrids were up 98.34% over January 2005, and down 10.3% over December 2005 (n.b: neither Dec '05 nor Jan '05 figures include Escape Hybrid).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by CaMIRO

I think it's funny that the Kia Sorrento and the Range Rover Sport are mis-classified here as "crossovers."

How do THEY define "crossover?"

I don't see how they classify half the cars they do. Why is the XG350 and Azera counted as one? Why is the Impala and Monte Carlo counted as one? How is the Honda Element 'entry-level' and not a crossover? Lucerne is a luxury car while LeSabre/Park Ave aren't?

I don't see how they classify half the cars they do. Why is the XG350 and Azera counted as one? Why is the Impala and Monte Carlo counted as one? How is the Honda Element 'entry-level' and not a crossover? Lucerne is a luxury car while LeSabre/Park Ave aren't?

You've got me on the Element and the Lucerne...I had the same questions. But as for the XG350/Azera and Impala/Monte Carlo, sometimes automakers report some models jointly. I think GM reports the Impala and Monte Carlo separately, but I haven't seen a Hyundai sales sheet recently.

For example, Toyota reports Corolla and Matrix as the same vehicle. GM reported the old Century and Regal as one vehicle in production reports.

Hyundai reports combine XG350 and Azera sales, fair enough as both old and new models have the same name in most markets (Grandeur), and the Azera is simply the new XG350. As to combining the Impala and Monte Carlo under mid-large mainstreamers, I don't know why they do that as they list the Monte seperately under Coupes. For that matter the Sunfire should be listed as a coupe as well—when was the last time they sold a sedan?

Hyundai reports combine XG350 and Azera sales, fair enough as both old and new models have the same name in most markets (Grandeur), and the Azera is simply the new XG350. As to combining the Impala and Monte Carlo under mid-large mainstreamers, I don't know why they do that as they list the Monte seperately under Coupes. For that matter the Sunfire should be listed as a coupe as well—when was the last time they sold a sedan?

Now you want a break-out of every vehicle's multiple body styles? Getting that kind of information from the manufacturers is harder than pulling teeth. Very few companies provide that kind of detail...even though it would be nice for my work. I'm lucky to get model breakdowns...in some countries, I'm even lucky to get MANUFACTURER breakdowns.

I understand about the XG/Azera now. From a US-market perspective it seems odd.

As far as coupe/sedan sales numbers, I can understand with variants on the same model, but General Motors has always seemed to post seperate numbers for independant coupe models, platform notwithstanding. There are breakouts for the Monte Carlo in their releases and have been for Riviera and Eldorado when they were around.