Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

The "Rev"erend: Pastor Sells Church to Buy BMW

Variance

The "Rev"erend: Pastor Sells Church to Buy BMW

Date posted: 02-03-2006

MANTECA, California — BMW envy strikes some harder than others. Take the case of the Reverend Randall Radic, the 53-year-old former pastor of this town's First Congregational Church.

According to the Associated Press, Reverend Radic pleaded guilty to embezzlement and was sentenced to 18 months in prison. His crime? Selling the town's oldest church last October for $525,000 and using a portion of the proceeds to buy a BMW.

The press accounts declined to say what the pastor did with the rest of the money, or even what sort of Bimmer he was able to procure. Radic remains in the San Joaquin County Jail on $750,000 bail, according to the AP, and is scheduled to appear in court on March 16 for a formal sentencing and restitution hearing.

What this means to you: They don't call this guy "Rev" for nothing! Think twice when they pass the collection plate this Sunday.

Link: http://www.edmunds.com/insideline/do/News/articleId=109173

Wonder what model he bought?

He had pretty expensive taste--a 750i.

From the Modesto Bee:

"Authorities have seized $357,000 from Radic's bank accounts and a 2006 BMW 750i they say he bought with money from the church sale. The money will go toward restitution among several people, including the couple who tried buy the church, lenders, title insurers and the church itself."

Probably some loaded up X5. Don;t get too excited.

He had pretty expensive taste--a 750i.

From the Modesto Bee:

"Authorities have seized $357,000 from Radic's bank accounts and a 2006 BMW 750i they say he bought with money from the church sale. The money will go toward restitution among several people, including the couple who tried buy the church, lenders, title insurers and the church itself."

Probably some loaded up X5. Don;t get too excited.

Even so, a loaded X5 ain't a bad thing. The 4.4 is a nice car and is pretty fast too. The 4.8 is obviously a monster. I guess he made a good choice on the 750, though if he was truly baller he would've gone for the 760...or M5 :P