Domestic violence...

I'm "angered/frustrated/saddened by domestic violence" is what I posted as a status on Facebook a day or so after I was told by a good friend of mine that another friend had been killed by her husband. I've known Amy for ~12 years. She had a heart of gold, and the world has lost a wonderful person.

This is yet another "senseless act" ... and, to me, another reminder of how fragile life is, how much we need to "stick together", and how much violence doesn't particularly solve anything, but just adds more pain to the situation....

http://www.indystar.com/article/20100325/NEWS02/3250494/Two-die-after-Grant-Co.-standoff

Two die after Grant Co. standoff

By Nick Wernerand Douglas Walker / Muncie Star Press

Posted: March 25, 2010

UPLAND, Ind. -- Police say an Upland man fatally shot his wife in her mother's home Thursday morning, then held police at bay for hours before shooting himself.

When members of an Indiana State Police SWAT team stormed the house about 5:30 p.m., they found Paul Bryon Nose II, 42, suffering from a self-inflicted gunshot wound in the head.

He died as preparations were being made to fly him by medical helicopter to a Fort Wayne hospital.

Authorities also found the body of Nose's 39-year-old wife, Amy. Police believe she was killed by her husband shortly after 7 a.m., when callers to 911 reported hearing shots coming from the house.

Police were uncertain when Paul Nose shot himself, although his communication with authorities and text messages with family members ended about 1:30 p.m. He was found in a hallway, while his wife's body was found in a bathroom.

Upland police arrived at the house soon after receiving the reports of shots fired, but were "unsuccessful" in establishing "personal contact" with any occupants, according to an Indiana State Police press release.

Grant County sheriff's deputies and state police also came to the scene. Eventually officers "made verbal communication" with Paul Nose, the release said, but they were unable to persuade him to surrender.

State police are leading the investigation of the shootings. No shots were fired by officers as they entered the home, ISP Sgt. Rod Russell said.

Authorities said the domestic problems between the couple had been ongoing for several weeks, with Amy Nose spending some time in a women's shelter. She filed for divorce on Feb. 11; that case was still pending in Grant Superior Court at the time of her death.

On Wednesday night, Amy Nose filed a police report that alleged some act of intimidation by her husband.

Amy Nove had been granted a protective order when she filed the divorce suit last month, but the pair had mutual contact recently and might have been trying to reconcile their differences, authorities said.

Married for 20 years, they were the parents of two daughters.

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrek.Aug2010 *

MCs.Caprice|models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows|RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"I don't want to take this life for granted" ... Keith Urban ... 'Somebody Like You'

Sad, sad, sad...

Whenever I read these things what I wonder is if we, coming from what are fairly normal families, can even begin to imagine not only the sad ending of these relationships, but also all of the psychologic abuse the victims go through during the course of the whole relationship? How unloved they are? How there's a feeling of having nowhere to turn to? The shame, often the sense of guilt because they are oftne made to think they're the ones that are flawed somehow? It's just beyond belief how someone can be disturbed to the point of doing such harm to another humen being...

• 3 weeks later...

Dave,

That about sums it up, yes.

:(

It's just beyond belief how someone can be disturbed to the point of doing such harm to another humen being...

Amen. I still can't believe it....

*sighs*

Some things in life just do not make sense.....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Your chance has come and gone" ... JoJo ... 'Too Little Too Late'

Dave,

That about sums it up, yes.

sad.gif

Amen. I still can't believe it....

*sighs*

Some things in life just do not make sense.....

Cort | 36.m.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker * 07/24/2010=ChitownMeet #3 *

MCs.Caprice | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RTs.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"Your chance has come and gone" ... JoJo ... 'Too Little Too Late'

So much truth to that....