Sign in to follow this  
Flybrian

Honda Civic Windshield wipers

7 posts in this topic

Flybrian    0

At least the sedan has those butterfly wiper GM uses so much, you know, that open up and out from the center on the old W-bodies and vans.

Just sayin'...

sciguy_0504    0

I hate them on the Civic and in general. It reminds me too much of a minivan, especially on the Civic.

The O.C.    2

The wipers are one of the things I LOVE about the new Civic.

Unique windshield wipers are one of those small details on a car that adds to it's overall appeal....(at least for people like me.)

I'm so PISSED that Chevrolet went AWAY from opposing wipers on my C6.....I loved those on my C4.

Remember the old Mercedes-Benz wipers that laid on top of each other on the driver's side...? Those were the best...

caddycruiser    50

I like the "butterfly" or whatever else you guys are calling them (attached, one on the left and one on the right, and open out from the center) better too, because they provide a wider, more consistent wipe than the 1-sided mounted ones do.

MyerShift    7

Chrysler had to go to this wiper style on the new 1996 vans because they had large windshields that they needed the different wiper set-up so as to properly clear the glass.

pow    106

At least the sedan has those butterfly wiper GM uses so much, you know, that open up and out from the center on the old W-bodies and vans.

Just sayin'...

Well, sort of... the ones on the GM vans were mounted from the bottom and couldn't retract completely once "on".

The Civic's are essentially copies of this:

Posted Image

I love articulating wipers the most... the ones that reach the corners. The wipers in our 5-series leave behind almost no unwiped glass at all... in fact, they're not reversed on RHD cars.

Posted Image

Edited by empowah