Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

"Tetanus Shot"

Okay... so rememebr how my buddy Sean owed me like $2600+ from our crazy roadtrip to No. Carolina when I sold his 1969 Camaro on eBay?

Sept. 2005

Well, I finally tracked down that guy after gettig blown off for a few months. <_<

Long story short he's hurting for money and so I decided to take a vehicle of his as partial payment. I was really hoping he'd give me his 1986 Mercedes Benz 560SEC. It's a true pillarless hardtop! Well that did not happen. *DAMN*

But I did get a scummy death-trap of a truck. It's a 1988 Chevy Blazer Silverado that's been riden hard and put away wet. I've had some rusted out, squeaky, dented & Carbon-monoxide spewing POS beaters in my day but this thing takes the 'effin cake!

I'll post more photos later but here's a couple to give you and idea of what I'm talking about. Me and Ross have come up wiht some nicknames for it... so far my favorite two are "Flat Meat" since this truck can make flatmeat (roadkill) and it was probably last driven by someone who eats flatmeat-jerky.

The other one I like is "Tetanus Shot" since durring my first 4 days of owning the truck and working on it I've gotten cut about 7 times on rusty metal shards.

Oh, one last thing: you know you're driving a real Redneck Special when you find a letter from jail in the center console! :metal:

Posted Image

Posted Image

It's off of Sean's otehr truck... (handbuilt Hummer) Sean never hooked it up but it's supposed to be a snorkel so the truck can run submerged. :rolleyes:

Yeah...the one I'm thinking of has a pipe that runs up the A-pillar. Still, I think you'll come to appreciate that truck come summertime when you have the opportunity to do some cap-off driving.

I highly doubt the cabin is waterproof enough to matter.

Yeah.. it's about as water tight as a screen door with a kitty-flap in it. :)

If you have not noticed yet, Sean's kind of umm... Crazy is a nice way to put it. The guy built a HUMMER body from scratch on a '79 Dodge RAM 2500 frame. Teh whole hummer body is made of 1/4 inch steel. The guy's a maniac. If he really felt like it he'd make the Balzer water-tight in one weekend.

Actaully speaking of his projects he stuffed his Suburban's nose into a tree while off roading. So instead of putting a new nose on the truck he borrowed the hood & bumper off his HUMMER and narrrowd it on each side by a few inches and tacked it onto the 'Burban. He's contemplating making it into a Hummer-Avalanche style hybrid that never was. I'm sure he'll do it next time he get's bored. Here's the HUMM-Burban we we're now calling it.

Posted Image

Speaking of noses... I forgot to mention: The reason my '88 has the later style nose and a crinkle in the fender is because the previous owner (before Sean) drove the nose of the Suburban over a Lexus Trunk.

Lexus: totalled, Blazer: smashed grille and slightly bent bumper! :metal:

Edited by Sixty8panther

GM1: Ask and you shall receive:

Posted Image

BTW:

Sean painted it with a roller (no joke) using "left over house paint" later on the same night I picked it up Ross (XP) pointed out that the paint matches his kitchen cabinets perfectly. Hmmmm. :lol:

You know it really doesn't look all that bad, looks kinda like a surplus CUCV Blazer, with that god-aweful damned snorkel......bad idea whoever did it. I know that it would make a perfect hunting vehicle for me, if i so chose to acquire something like that. You know, the kinda truck you can take out into the woods and bounce it off trees and not hurt the truck on bit....yeah, that's my kinda ride.

Ah yes, the mighty green machine. I drove this rattletrap back from Sean's house for this clown and she rides like a stagecoach! The next day when I went over Sixty8's house I also noticed he was minus one exhaust tip; here's to hoping it didn't fall off on the highway and kill somebody! :P

....I also noticed he was minus one exhaust tip; here's to hoping it didn't fall off on the highway and kill somebody! :P

With any luck it"s stuck in the grille of a Camry... :wink: I hope that it did not hit a whidshield when you were doing like 105MPH snice it weighs like 8LBS.

Interior... pertty spartan. Only vehicle other than the Camaro to not have anyhitng left of a radio other than the wiring harnes.

Posted Image

Definately not 69,000 original miles... look at those keys!

Posted Image

I wondered that myself. I'm thinking it might be a clock in the upscale trim package and or perhaps another accessory.

Oil temp. gauge?

Reserve gas tank gauge?

Plow accessory?

Wait to start light on Diesels?

Looks like the interior of the 1990 Suburban I drive at work. Has anyone ever figured out what that fourth hole is for under the battery gauge and next to the water temperature gauge?

I rember it being a Turbo boost gauge for the Diesil powerd ones. but I could be wrong. And I dont think a saw a 3rd pedal :nono:

I think Bobo is right... sounds the most plausable anyway.