2007 Escalade Nav/RSE System

jaycough

question: going to order new slade. Dealer can't help (none on lot). If I order the nav system with Rear DVD, is there three slots? can I do navigation at the same time passengers in back are veiwing DVD. Got conflicting information from GM. in one instance one syas it won't work (which doesn't make sense) or there is three slots.

Any help would be appreciated!!!!

The rear DVD system should have its own slot; at least that is what GM has done in the past. To clarify, though...there shouldn't be an extra slot on the dash; the slot should be with the rest of the rear DVD system in an overhead console just aft of the sunroof.

The following link goes to the Escalade website, and if you click the Features tab, you can view a video on the multimedia options, including the rear-DVD. While not completely shown on camera, it appears that the DVD player sits above the flip down screen. Also, while in Park, the DVD Navigation system can also play movies.

The rear DVD system should have its own slot; at least that is what GM has done in the past.  To clarify, though...there shouldn't be an extra slot on the dash; the slot should be with the rest of the rear DVD system in an overhead console just aft of the sunroof.

The following link goes to the Escalade website, and if you click the Features tab, you can view a video on the multimedia options, including the rear-DVD.  While not completely shown on camera, it appears that the DVD player sits above the flip down screen.  Also, while in Park, the DVD Navigation system can also play movies.

NG, new RSE Player does not have a slot. Just came back from Miami Boat show, they had new Yukon. Ask the factory "Product Specailist" and he knew nothing. Not only that he didn't know anything about the other features.

SO ANYONE OUT THERE GOT AN ANSWER???

off topic:

I saw my first Escalade on the road on Saturday in Encino, CA......my local Caddy dealer had one on the showroom for about two days, gone now. They also had three others that haven't shown up in the showroom or on the lot anywhere except for one. I imagine the other two sold already too.

There is no slot in the rear for DVDs. You simply put all CDs/DVDs/discs for NAV in the slot on the dash. If the vehicle is in park then it displays the movie on both screens.

Also, this doesn't hurt the functionality of the vehicle. You can listen to a CD in the front and play a DVD in the back at the same time.

There is no slot in the rear for DVDs. You simply put all CDs/DVDs/discs for NAV in the slot on the dash. If the vehicle is in park then it displays the movie on both screens.

Also, this doesn't hurt the functionality of the vehicle. You can listen to a CD in the front and play a DVD in the back at the same time.

there are two slots, one for CD, etc... and the other for DVDs (top slot). so the top slots takes two discs (Nav and movie)? are you sure, hate to be a douting thomas

So I can have active Navigation, listen to a CD and my kid in back watch a movie. Also, as an added bonus, I can watch it while in park? :unsure:

Edited by jaycough

there are two slots, one for CD, etc... and the other for DVDs (top slot). so the top slots takes two discs (Nav and movie)? are you sure, hate to be a douting thomas

So I can have active Navigation, listen to a CD and my kid in back watch a movie. Also, as an added bonus, I can watch it while in park? :unsure:

Oh, I forgot that the Escalade has two slots. You are correct. The Tahoe is what I described before.

I would think you should be able to watch the movie while it park in the Escalade as well.

New Tahoe with Nav has 2 slots-1 behind the Nav screen for the Nav disc and the second exposed for DVD/CD use. The only question I've yet to figure out is whether you can actually play a CD in the front while a DVD is playing in the rear. I have a training session on the new 900's at the end of March so I guess I'll find out then, if not before.

BTW, the headrest DVD system shown in that pic is pretty sweet. Each headrest has its own DVD player, so each person can watch a different movie. They're also linked together, so you can watch the same movie on both. They come with wireless headsets and can be played through the vehicle's audio system. Retail for $1995 I believe, which sounds pretty strong until you consider the single screen system in the ceiling costs $1295. Much better deal IMO.

• 2 weeks later...

if the 07 is anything like the last gen in regards to nav/dvd systems then you will be ok. My escalade has the front seat nav and an 11" flip down in the back which has its own seperate dvd unit, hooked up solely to the rear tv. then again i dont know the set-up on the 07.