Buick Lucerne

gm_rocks

Okay, so I know you have to deal with dealers to cut down pricing, but as I was looking at the Lucernce CXL V6, I begin to wonder how they think they would get away with it.

Let me explain,

First off, isn't the heated and cooled drivers seat including in the CXL V6 Packages? (at least the site of gmbuypower nor Buick.com tries to price you on, but the brochures and comparison charts say they have them). Needless to say the dealers are adding $1,075.00 for this. (if this isn't the case how come you can't build this on Buick.com or GmBuypower.com but get a shock with an extra $1,000 when you search dealer inventory?)

Premium Paint, GMbuypower and Buick.com says this is included and the cost is $0.00, dealers are adding $495.00 to $995.00 for this.

I just thought this was messed up..lol

So is the Cooled seats a hidden option that you can't get unless you go to the dealer? (as far as seeing about the pciing, like I said I can't get this on Buick's site nor GmBuyPower's site.)

I believe that the heated seats are part of a luxury package on CXL V-6, and that a couple of the colors are $495.00 extra. Heated AND cooled are a different package. Don't go blowing your lid. I would not pay $995.00 to drive a white or gray car, respectively, so I don't know how they think they are going to get enough fools to pay nearly $1,000.00 extra for these 2 colors in particular. Look extensively on GM Buypower and find a dealer that you feel comfortable dealing with. Get all the documentation, and go in there with all the ammunition, so to speak, on the last day of the month and make your best deal. You would be wiser to wait until the next round of pricing games begin, even if you have to rent a vehicle for a while.

I see, but how come on Buick's website and gmbuypower's website I can't add the option of HEated and Cool seats, but CXL V6's on the dealers lots have it for a $1,075.00 option?

As for the color, I want Onyx Black :P

GM has been monkeying around with MSRP's and things. As of 1/12/06 they lowered the base MSRP a few hundred bucks and they have an official window sticker to that effect.

I would think that the window stickers that detail the equipment packages are authoritative. I usually ignore the dealer's add on stickers with all the junk.

Why do you need COOLED seats anyway? The heated seats are more important.

I would really wait until you see how much they are going to dump on the hood because later on if they cut prices by $2000 or $3000 that exacerbates your first year depreciation.

GM has been monkeying around with MSRP's and things. As of 1/12/06 they lowered the base MSRP a few hundred bucks and they have an official window sticker to that effect.

I would think that the window stickers that detail the equipment packages are authoritative. I usually ignore the dealer's add on stickers with all the junk.

Why do you need COOLED seats anyway? The heated seats are more important.

I would really wait until you see how much they are going to dump on the hood because later on if they cut prices by $2000 or $3000 that exacerbates your first year depreciation.

I see what you mean, by cutting prices again is highly unlikely.

I like the cooled seats becuase of the summertime, I love leather but in the summertime they can really hot.

I think that the Heated and Cooled Seats should have been on the luxury package and at the very least they should have it on Buick's and Gmbuypower's site so that you can "actually" build the car you want :)

Try the Cars.com website. It seems accurate from what I can tell. As was mentioned, the heated seats are a part of the luxury package. The heated and cooled seats required the perforated leather upgrade (standard CXL leather is not perforated). On cars.com they do show that as extra cost for the upgrade.

I agree regarding the special paint. The bright red in $495, the metallic white and sharkskin gray are $995. Why? Dealers in my area are stocking in those colors. I guess they expect people to pay the extra cost.

I guess they do, but I wouldn't :)

It is worth paying $495.00 for a red car but it is NOT WORTH paying extra for a gray or white car. Gray and white are geriatric colors, not worth having in the first place, much less paying extra for them. Especially white, the most boring of all colors, bland, vanilla, nothing, call it diamond white, white lightning, white flash, it is still WHITE!

It is worth paying $495.00 for a red car but it is NOT WORTH paying extra for a gray or white car. Gray and white are geriatric colors, not worth having in the first place, much less paying extra for them. Especially white, the most boring of all colors, bland, vanilla, nothing, call it diamond white, white lightning, white flash, it is still WHITE!

I guess you have never seen the Lucerne in the goldflash white pearl? It is truly stunning in that color, and is worth every penny. The reason for the expense is because it's a three stage paint with pearl. So, not only is it one extra stage to go through at the factory, but the paint is very, very, very expensive. It's also a more difficult paint to spray. I've been in the repair business for a long time, so I know of all the extra work and cost that goes into one of these paint jobs. Be thankful that Buick is at least willing to go through the trouble to offer it.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a sharkskin CXS with ebony and I love it 8) I've never had a problem with extra cost paint but on the other hand most of my customers are GMS. I have heard about dealers not budging on the price of these cars but in my opinion they're nuts....especially if they're in GM's SFE program....

I guess you have never seen the Lucerne in the goldflash white pearl?  It is truly stunning in that color, and is worth every penny.  The reason for the expense is because it's a three stage paint with pearl.  So, not only is it one extra stage to go through at the factory, but the paint is very, very, very expensive.  It's also a more difficult paint to spray.  I've been in the repair business for a long time, so I know of all the extra work and cost that goes into one of these paint jobs.  Be thankful that Buick is at least willing to go through the trouble to offer it.

I have seen it, and although it is not what I refer to as "hard white" it is still "white." If white were a desirable color to begin with they wouldn't have to invent these phony colors like gold flash tricoat, white lightning and pearl white. White is white and I am against it on cars.