Bought A New Car

hey guys, I just put a deposit on a white on tan 1995 Buick Riviera I found on Ebay, I test drove it today and it drove great. It is supercharged and has 64k miles on it. The only flaws I've found on the car so far are the traction control button falls into the dash when I went to test it, also the "R" in the grill is being held on with a ziptie, the maker light in the rear bumper on the left side is out and one bulb in the third stop light is out....otherwise it's damn near mint, save a few scratches....here this is it, check it out....The guy told me he would end the auction but its still posted for some reason so I am a little pissed but anyway here she is... :P

My Riv

Very cool! Congrats. Great choice I know one member on here will approve! :)

It seems like everyones buying cars left and right. Our frined Jenny bought a Rio today and of course we should be pickign up our Q45 on Monday.

Thatta boy; glad to finally have a fellow owner here on the board! Love to see some pictures when it's finally yours. Oh, and since it's a '95, I'd get an aftermarket radio if I were you if your tunes are important to you since '95 is the only year that has a slave CD player right in front of the cupholders; any short stops the car's had before you bought it may have resulted in it getting a nice big sip of coffee or soda.

Thatta boy; glad to finally have a fellow owner here on the board! Love to see some pictures when it's finally yours. Oh, and since it's a '95, I'd get an aftermarket radio if I were you if your tunes are important to you since '95 is the only year that has a slave CD player right in front of the cupholders; any short stops the car's had before you bought it may have resulted in it getting a nice big sip of coffee or soda.

I am thinking of doing a radio change in the near future, and also probably getting Sirrius radio as well...I'm not too keen on the placment of the cd player, whats in that location from 96 and up?

BTW....thanks for all the nice comments guys, glad you all like the car, I can't wait to drive it

This forum is the Bomb-Diggaty. :cheers:

First Variance suggests the Q45 in my thread and single handedly changes my focus in terms of my used-car search. Then XP gets Delta to buy an "Egg" of his own and as I've been mentioning since last fall staring into the angry-all-seeing-eye of Balthazar's Avatar has pushed me over the edge from wannabe '59 Buick owner to not so distant future '59 Buick owner.

:CG_all:

Edited by Sixty8panther

The funny thing is I've always been a man for cars of the 70's and earlier, boxy boats, tanks, land yachts what have you....and now I've gone and bought a butterball....but so be it...supercharged 3800? check, fully loaded? check....one badass low mileage rarity....priceless :P

GM1:

I too remember the EXACT moment I sat behind the wheel of a 1995 Riv. I love dthe dash from the first moment I saw it. What a great interior. One of the best ever from the mid 1990s. :globe:

well guys I picked up the Riv today and have put 160 miles on it already and haven't even burned a half a tank yet, and I was just testing my supercharger a bit :P

I love this car, and its very solid and nimble for a big coupe...and for mid 90's GM build quality I'm very impressed.

ok here are the features....leather, sunroof, dual zone climate control, audio HVAC controls on sterring wheel, power seats, power driver's lumbar, heated drivers seat, memory seat, cd/cassette, homelink, supercharged 3800 keyless entry and alarm, power trunk release, dual exhaust, traction control, lighted vanity mirrors, power mirrors.....its fully loaded I think, any other options avalible that I didn't mention?

and yes I agree the interior is truly a masterpiece

pictures soon

Edited by Delta Force79

I am thinking of doing a radio change in the near future, and also probably getting Sirrius radio as well...I'm not too keen on the placment of the cd player, whats in that location from 96 and up?

'96 has cassette storage, 97-'99 has CD storage; find yourself a CD storage unit out of a '97-'99 with a taupe bezel and it will fit right in the slot where the slave CD player went; the console stayed the same all five years.

'96 has cassette storage, 97-'99 has CD storage; find yourself a CD storage unit out of a '97-'99 with a taupe bezel and it will fit right in the slot where the slave CD player went; the console stayed the same all five years.

thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna start looking into it