Yesterday Effing Rocked!

NOS2006

For those of you that don't know, I'm going to attend Kettering University in Flint, MI for 4.5-5 years to major in Mechanical Engineering starting the 2006-2007 school year.

Well, yesterday was an overnight stay for future/prospective students. First, after showing up at 11:00 AM with the parents, we went to little meeting-type set-ups until around 4. Then, we went to a small expo thing where GM had a stand and I filled out a pre-application type thing for their co-op program. I got my key/key card for the dorm/house and moved my suitcase in and stuff; not much, it was only for a night.

Then, my parents left and went to the parents' reception at a local Holiday Inn while the students went to a reception of their own. Pretty stupid for the students, actually. It consisted of making/eating tacos, doing a wordsearch, watching a comedian (who was pretty funny), and splitting into groups for a one-hour scavenger hunt for ish around the campus (well, inside, it was too damn cold outside).

Of the.. approximately 4 good looking girls that were there out of probably 10 or so, one of them was in my group for the scavenger hunt. Well, instead of actually participating, we decided to just follow along and talk, so that's how that hour went. I'd say it's now about 9.

Then, we were allowed all night to chill at the Student Party, which consisted of all HS Seniors plus a few Kettering Juniors and Seniors. They had sweet music, I went on the radio for a second, board games, video games, cards, pool, and a ton of pop (hmm, soda?) and snacks. Around 11 they ordered a bunch of pizza. Well that was sweet because one of the other cute girls asked me to play euchre, so we did and I found a third cute girl to play too. Ends up, I chilled with these two other girls the rest of the night (plus a few guys).

So, at about 3 or 4 after a ton of euchre and pool, we all ended up going to a lounge (ha, who would've guessed? me.. in the lounge?) and playing some games where its funny to see the people who don't get it even though you and a couple others do. Then we started telling these situational stories where "This, this, and this happened.. but how did they die?" Pretty cool, especially since one of the girls started cuddling up with me on the corner of the lounge chair thing (kinda a couch but separated into a bunch of different sections). I ended up going to bed at 6:45 and didn't fall asleep until probably 6:50-55. I was blasted. Especially once my mom called to wake me up at effing 8:42 because checkout time was between 9 and 10 AM.

All in all, I ended up meeting a hell of a lot of people and most of them seemed cool as hell. I met three cute ass girls who will be there with me next year, and woke up sick to my stomach because of going to bed with too many clothes on plus a blanket plus the thermostat being higher than at home. But, overall, it was effing awesome and I can't even imagine staying there for a week let alone an entire term (well, even though you obviously don't stay up 'til 7 in the morning lol).

Well, it wasn't an orientation.. that's July 7-10.

I did ask a couple Seniors about going Greek, and they both took this road (a frat and sorority). They both love it and said most of them around campus are dry, but not all (duh lol), so I'm pretty much counting on doing the rush. They said, like you, that you should check out the rush anyway just for the experience if nothing else because its just a bunch of free activities for a few days (a week? I dont remember) to get to know others 'round the campus.

Okay, sweet.

Oh, and I might add that there's virtually NO competition at this school between guys for girls. I'm sure there were probably 50-80 people at this thing and the three of like four good looking girls talked to me before I got a chance to start talkin' to them. :)

And, to think, I was talking to a friend a couple days ago who said she knows 8 guys that went to Kettering and 6 came back gay. I told her they were gay before they went, but just didn't come out. But she's like.. watch out.. I can't lose another guy from the market. I just laughed.

Edited by NOS2006

And, to think, I was talking to a friend a couple days ago who said she knows 8 guys that went to Kettering and 6 came back gay. I told her they were gay before they went, but just didn't come out. But she's like.. watch out.. I can't lose another guy from the market. I just laughed.

Oh.... I guess they didn't tell you about THAT part of Kettering yet. :AH-HA_wink: :yes:

Yup, it's true.  Girls know. :AH-HA_wink:

ha. I've seen her once in person.. last year. For about 2 minutes while I helped her find her car. And we've just been talking online for the past few days. Edited by NOS2006

ha. I've seen her once in person.. last year. For about 2 minutes while I helped her find her car. And we've just been talking online for the past few days.

Yea i bet you have...

Sample IM Conversation:

NOS: ~hEy SeXy~

Girl: uh, hi

NOS: WaT u BeEn DoIn?? <3 <3

Girl: nothing much

Girl: u?

NOS: jUsT sHoPpInG...gEtTiNg My HaIr CoLoReD...tAnNiNg TeEhEe!!

Girl: uhhhhh...rnt you a guy?

NOS: yEs! <3 <3 *~LmAo~*

haha just playing NOSinger!!

:P^_^8)

Edited by Croc

hah yesterday rocked for me

went to baltimore got some 5 guy burger and fries

went to washington DC and skated for about an hour and then took my gf to get her first tatoo and get a slive of pizza from jumbo slice that was the size of my head and then some............

"approximately 4 good looking girls that were there"

"one of the other cute girls asked me to play"

"I chilled with these two other girls the rest of the night"

"Pretty cool, especially since one of the girls started cuddling up with me"

"I met three cute ass girls who will be there with me next year"

Sooo.... did you hit it? :huh:

Dude, you gotta hit that &#036;h&#33;! if a girls cuddling wiht you it's time to introduce her to Mr. Chubby. :)

Good choice NOS, I'm an ME myself :) I hope you are looking forward to the boat-loads of math!

Have fun, but don't let the frat life get in the way of the important classes (math, engineering, design). It's ok if you ditch the general ed. classes once in a while :AH-HA_wink: