Few Small Mods

Since it was such a beautiful day today, I made a yard run today, to browse their inventory and see what this place has to offer. Pretty decent size yard really, although I was disappointed to see they had only 3 Panthers, and all of the Prizms were pretty much gutted. Slim pickings there.

On the other hand they had a pretty sweet collection of classic cars in the back corner. `Cudas, Chargers, Mustangs, Camaros, Sedan Devilles, Impalas, a Celica GT Liftback among other things.

Over at the LH section they have two Steel Blue Intrepids, a 300M, an LHS a Concorde, and some other Intrepids and a few first gens.

So the LHS had the Infinity Sail speaker grills, so I grabbed those and one of he sail speakers.

I grabbed a floor mat hook I plan to use in a mod soon, as well as some retaining clips for the front bumper.

I also found one 2nd gen Grand Cherokee with light taupe sun visor hooks. I'm really happy I found these because I cannot stand the stupid reverse hooks LH cars have. Whoever came up with that obviously never used a sun visor before.

Installed the sails and the hooks this evening, quite pleased with them. The speaker seem to put out better sound than the old ones (no tweeter).

IMG_6605.jpg

IMG_6608.jpg

IMG_6609.jpg

IMG_6611.jpg

IMG_6613.jpg

IMG_6615.jpg

It's a nice easy brake from doing things like exhaust valve spring replacement.

Turns out I need to upgrade the rest of the stereo system to really be able to enjoy it. I'll need to upgrade the amplifier to the 240W Infinity unit I have, then get 2ohm speakers for the doors and rear shelf. Stereos are complicated. I can't use the upgrade sail speakers themselves without one of the Infinity amps (which I have), but then if I replace the amp I'll need to replace the other 4 speakers, or the one ones I have could damage the amp.

I'd like to do this though, because by doings o I'll have 3 speakers added to my system and better sound quality (its already the best any car my family owns has, but I want more, and I can keep it 100% OEM).

I want to see if I can get my hands on the very best (and rather rare) amplifier that came in an LH, a 360W amp, 4760 688AC, exclusive to the LHS and Concorde Limited. There was a whole bunch of different amps over the years, but this is apparently the best one by far.

It's a nice easy brake from doing things like exhaust valve spring replacement.

Turns out I need to upgrade the rest of the stereo system to really be able to enjoy it. I'll need to upgrade the amplifier to the 240W Infinity unit I have, then get 2ohm speakers for the doors and rear shelf. Stereos are complicated. I can't use the upgrade sail speakers themselves without one of the Infinity amps (which I have), but then if I replace the amp I'll need to replace the other 4 speakers, or the one ones I have could damage the amp.

I'd like to do this though, because by doings o I'll have 3 speakers added to my system and better sound quality (its already the best any car my family owns has, but I want more, and I can keep it 100% OEM).

I want to see if I can get my hands on the very best (and rather rare) amplifier that came in an LH, a 360W amp, 4760 688AC, exclusive to the LHS and Concorde Limited. There was a whole bunch of different amps over the years, but this is apparently the best one by far.

I like keeping things OEM too. I think some of the aftermarket stuff can be a distraction as well.

Depends what it is, my wheels are aftermarket but I love the way they look, and so does most everyone who sees them...they think they look factory. :)

Since I have a base Intrepid, there's lots of mods I can do within the LH family, VS if I had a 300M Special, which in most ways is the cream of the crop...although even then there's mods you can do that are factory if you want.

Depends what it is, my wheels are aftermarket but I love the way they look, and so does most everyone who sees them...they think they look factory. :)

Since I have a base Intrepid, there's lots of mods I can do within the LH family, VS if I had a 300M Special, which in most ways is the cream of the crop...although even then there's mods you can do that are factory if you want.

I forgot your wheels were aftermarket. They do look factory. Now.. I did not know about the base Intrepid. I know those LHS and Concordes used to come loaded. I know the Concorde used to offer a bench seat. Those second generation LHS were quite roomy. I remember when they first came out too.

Concordes actually didn't come loaded. Te could be had with a 2.7, clith seats and hubcaps. They could be loaded up, although the LHS was the range topper until the LHS nameplate was discontinued and it become the Concorde Limited. Although very rare, second gen Intrepids and Concordes could be had with leather bench seats.

2lo1vuo.jpg