"Soul Survivor or just Dust in the Wind?"

The core divisions NEED presidents with power & authority, then they need their own Engineering departments & budgets. What does anyone expect when all divisions generate product from a handful of pitri dishes??

Other statements are misleading and innacurate. 'how many G6 & Solstice versions can they do?' There's 2 of each. For many years there were 4 or 5 different Firebirds. Point??

But the general jist is on track. Admirable for Duhlorenzo. Even if he offers absolutely zero suggestion for 'fixing' the problem.

wallowing in such "smoke-and-mirrors" marketing exercises like the dismally tedious "Apprentice" TV show, featuring America's poster boy for vacuous vapidity - Donald Trump. Or underwriting Jimmy Kimmel's show while it was here during the Super Bowl, which provided a real boost to the Pontiac image. Not.

On the contrary, I think BOTH of these were good marketing campaigns.

Starting with Bunkie Knudsen, Pontiac pushed the envelope and marched to a different drummer. Pontiac tweaked their cars to the point that they didn't even seem like they were part of the GM family.

So why can't we do that now?!?!?! Just give Pontiac the money to FIX the G6 and differentiate the G5... It's a start.

Pontiac is on thin ice right now. With the next-generation Firebird slated for late 2008 as a 2009 model, what the hell are they going to do in the meantime? How many different variations of the Solstice and the G6 can they do? And who's going to notice the G5? Pontiac is supposed to get a RWD car (along with Chevy, natch) that could be the new Grand Prix, but I'm looking at my watch and right now the 2008/2009 time frame sounds like an eternity in this market.

Sometimes Delorenzo is CLUELESS, and that includes now.... There is NO Firebird. Solstice is WELL on it's way to re-invigorating Pontiac as an image division (If GM can just follow through) and well on it's way to cementing a future for itself. G6 HAS reached enough volume (even before the introduction of the convertible or the GXP version) to sustain Pontiac and the G5 will only ADD needed volume... Does Pontiac deserve more?!?!? HELL YEAH THEY DO!!!! But I *doubt* very seriously that they're in as bad of shape as he makes it out to sound.

The time is now for Pontiac. The division deserves better. Much better. GM needs to get in touch with the essence and soul of Pontiac and put it on a plan not only for survival - but for revival. If done exactly right, Pontiac's marching to a different drummer persona could have tremendous appeal today in this market of vanilla Asian transportation appliances and German techno-wonders.

I agree 100% times 3!!! The market is BEGGING for 'maverick' offerings and Pontiac has an AUTOMATIC advantage in that area. (One of the MANY unrealized advantages that GM's various divisions has)

And if GM can't muster the will to do the right thing with one of America's most famous automotive nameplates, then they might as well just take it out back and put it out of its misery.

GM will be put out of it's misery anyway if the media and the street have their way (And I'm sure they will---since no one will control them and EVERYONE believes them)

The core divisions NEED presidents with power & authority, then they need their own Engineering departments & budgets. What does anyone expect when all divisions generate product from a handful of pitri dishes??

I think they should be broken into 4 different factions and run like micro car companies.

Chevrolet/Buick (The everymans car/The basic luxury car BOTH volume divisions)

Cadillac/Pontiac (The "HOT" cars of GM as in the super focused performance and luxury cars--LOWER volume, more exclusitivity)

Saturn/Saab (The european arm that provides (overwhelms with) the alpha traits of what american car buyers want now---ALL european, except for the quality)

Hummer/GMC (Strictly trucks, this way both would have a defined direction and NO overlap. GMC for volume, Hummer for luxury/exclusitivity)

That way EACH of the divisions could be empowered and each 'group' could better target the competition.