So....what are we waiting for?

mystik

When is the Silverado/Sierra going to debut? I thought I had seen that the Sierra was going to be at the Houston Auto Show back in January, but it didnt come here. Then the spy pics popped up and what not. So what's the hold up? I mean...it is obvious now that the SUV platforms all look the same. Tahoe/Burban/Avalanche share the same nose. Will the trucks also share it as well...or will it be different? I want them shown already!

Actually they may not be shown until the Texas State Fair in Sept. I don't know for sure yet, I've heard both venues as possibilities.

I heard the Texas show is where itll be. They're prob just waiting for Toyota to release their engine specs before they release everything. Just like Ford did with Nissan.

Guest YellowJacket894

I don't think the nose is the same as the Tahoe/Suburban. I just got my Four Wheeler magazine with a spy pic of the 2007 Silverado and it looks like the headlights are different, or at least the capsules are. All I can make out is four circular lights arranged in a square within the capsule, then a skinny little vertical blinker on the side.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think the Silverado will look just a little bit more like the 2003 Cheyenne Concept rather than the new Tahoe. Sierra? You know it'll favor the Terradyne and Graphyte concepts a little.

But, then again I don't really know and I'm also using a very optimistic imagination.

I'm betting the silverado will pretty much look like the Cheyanne concept except with less smooth edges, boxier vertical taillights, and headlgihts housings with the same general shape that the tahoe/suburban/avalanche have but a slightly diferent design.