Pontiac G6 earns IIHS 'good' rating

Posted Image

Full Article @ IIHS

Test details:

The Pontiac G6 was introduced in the 2005 model year as a replacement for the Pontiac Grand Am.

Restraints/dummy kinematics — Dummy movement was well controlled. During rebound, the dummy’s head hit the roof rail.

Injury measures — Injury measures taken from the head, neck, and chest indicate low risk of injuries to these body regions in a crash of this severity. Forces on the right tibia indicate that injuries to the lower leg would be possible. Head acceleration from the roof rail hit was low.

The dummy's position in relation to the steering wheel and instrument panel after the crash test indicates that the driver's survival space was maintained very well.

Smeared greasepaint indicates where the dummy's head hit roof rail during rebound. Head acceleration from this hit was low.

Intrusion into the driver's space was minimal (shown with carpeting removed). 

This is great news!  Glad to see we are getting safer and better looking cars from GM.  I loved the G6 Convertible at the Autoshow.

Any words on the HHR test results or when?

The HHR is based on the Cobalt, which did fairly acceptable for a small car. With side curtains, the Cobalt got an "acceptable" side rating. All Cobalt sedans get a "good" frontal rating.

This is great news!  Glad to see we are getting safer and better looking cars from GM.  I loved the G6 Convertible at the Autoshow.

Any words on the HHR test results or when?

And the V6 G6 made the recommended list from Consumer Reports. The Coralla my mother in law just gave me for my soon to be driving son, just blew up the other day. Looks like I am back in the market for a car for my son. Just shy of 200,000 miles and the Toyota suffered catastrophic failure. I am geeting a second opinion on the car today from a friend's shop. I am laughing and my mother in law who is a Toyota nazi is squirming and trying to make excuses for it, haha...

Nice. Just keep it high like that, and people should forget the Cavalier sooner enough.

Maybe get Saab to help out with safety on all the cars? Look at the 9-3 and it's obvious that GM can get safety working if they do it.

Edited by ToniCipriani