Server Move In Progress - Read More ×

Cadillac Vs Lincoln

jrockb4

First off in 2006 the answer is obvious to anyone other than a head-up-his-@$$ Ford guy:

Cadillac is by far better than Lincoln. If it was not for Cadillac Devilles' lack of a BOF/RWD construction ti would not even be a contest.

And second, I think it's obvious Cadillac is doing well against their Japanese & German competition. Eliminate a few quirky styling elements and perfecto. :D

P.S. build the damn SIXTEEN already!

Cadillac is by far better than Lincoln. If it was not for Cadillac Devilles' lack of a BOF/RWD construction ti would not even be a contest.

The DeVille/DTS has been exhibiting mass ownage over the tired Town Car since 2000 at least. As old as the body on a Town Car is, so is its interior, feature content (or lack thereof), and design. Old, old, old.

Plus, there are way too many cheesy Town Car Supa' Stretch limos around. I'm sure I'm not the only sick of these cars.

I find it pretty hilarious that this article puts Lincoln's future plans s being a plus, when everyone that I've read so far (and I) have been totally down on FoMoCo for tossing Lincoln's heritage on the scrap heap to rebadge Fords with some fake aluminum interior trim and a toothy grill.

I was walking home tonight with my take-out dinner and while crossing Crescent Drive there was a gorgeous '61 Connie sitting there. The driver passed me going East on Dayton Way, so I got a good look at the back as well as the front. Just stunning, even after 45 years. Lincoln has spent the last ten years showing concepts that played on this car, most of which were freaking stunning. Tell me that the Continental Concept would not have sold: and not have given Cadillac (and yes CNN, Mercedes, BMW and Lexus as well) a run for it's money.

So what does FoMoCo do? They balk at spending the cake on saving Lincoln, apparently thinking that they have Volvo and Jaguar as luxury brands. Yo, Mr. Ford, look at the sales figures- whoops? Not so much.

Too freaking sad

The people in the media are still clinging to this old line that "SUV sales are going to plummet any day now... Yup no more SUVs sold in America", like they've been doing for 10+ years. :banghead:

Lincoln may come back someday, but based on its future products that I've seen it will not be anytime in the next few years. Those vehicles are mediocre at best.

Edited by Shantanu

The DTS is to the Town Car as an Audi A8 is to the DTS.

The Escalade is to the Navigator as the Infinity FX45 is to the Subaru Tribecca

The CTS is to the Zephyr or LS as the 3-series is to the X-Type.

The SRX is to the Aviator as the FX45 is to a Trailblazer.

The STS is to the Conti... oh... wait.

The XLR... uh.... damn.

Dude...the Escalade is definitely better than the Navigator...dunno what you're smoking ;)

I realize you're attempting to be funny... but I'm refering in that case to looks. The Navigator has a fine interior surrounded by a hidious exterior.... much like the Tribecca.

Edit: Similarly in regards to power. The Navigator and Tribecca are underpowered compaired to the 'slade and FX45 respectively.

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Meh... it's a $h!ty, innacurate article by a non car guy... Go figure, it's CNN. (Especially the "not appealing to young BMW and Lexus buyers" as most people I talk to, which are young, LOVE the new Caddys)

But it's not all bad. I mean, Cadillac does still have some challenges and I think Lincoln truly is on the brink of a revival... But, IMO Lincoln SHOULD be competing with Cadillac but is not and therefore that makes the WHOLE article pointless. Lincoln competes more with Buick.

Oh, and P.S. Lincoln... That's right, follow the media's direction and reposition yourself to appeal to Lincoln/american buyers just like they're trying to get EVERY american division to do. Hell, it just helps them attain their goal of limiting cross shopping between domestics and imports (They're doing this by key comparisons/comments) They're carving out a piece of the pie for Japan Inc (Much like they did for Europe a long time ago) and now they're hedging it to protect those companies. Remember, after all, that Domestics cannot conquest import customers, yet imports CAN conquest domestic buyers according to the analysts. I guess this is their answer for those buyers who "Just won't conform" and "Buy an import" (Damn loyalists and logical people) Then, as you limit yourself to A NICHE of dwindling loyalists just like every other american company (Either by choice or force of the media) you can just die off or cannabalize each other until the weakest divisionS are killed every 5-10 years.

The plan is simple and you help is greatly appreciated!

(Sarcasm---BIG TIME)