'more power than you can expect'

'right size' packaging

big trunk

soft touch interior surfaces

quality touch points

MEMORY SEATS at 24k?

syling including interesting exhaust features

comfortable seats

cabin audio (SE system is good, adding the rockford fosgate sub allows for mirror shaking bass)

dual zone climate

paddle shifters on the SES, responsive manual shifting

price, warranty

nice trunk

back seat is surprisingly accomodating

unique in the crowd

steering tightens up nicely at speed

engine has unexpected grunt! (will put you in your seat if you work the throttle right....seriously)

optional AWD

easy mp3 navigation off USB

excellent steering wheel and stalks

keyless entry and one touch start

dual zone climate control

USB in a convenient location behind a flip up panel

delightful engine SNARL on the boil

tidy looks

LOWS

front end felt too heavy (not sure if this is only on AWD models or not)

center stack display could look less cheesy

steering take too long to firm up to a nice level (and at that speed, its really good afterwards)

paddle shifters only on top end model

the car itself is more accomplished than the brand

not as large as the other midsizers (if that is what you want)

lacks 'swagger'

the 'WTF' you get from friends and relatives that berate you for buying a ---Suzuki-----

life's too short.

Sometimes you need to stick your neck out.

This car is one of those chances to do that.

For rational reasons, you would not drive this car.

'Brand won't be around' 'they make $h!ty cars'.

Here is an instance where the car eclipses the brand, in the US at least.

This car did not blow me away. The steering was not as good as I was expecting, but I felt it was because I had an AWD version that no doubt had some extra weight on the front end. I could never get over the sensation that the front end was too heavy on this car.

At the same time, it still was more enjoyable that just about every ---midsize---- car that is out there right now.

It wasn't like that was immediately apparent. You gotta play with it some.

This is a car you have to commit to. It does not fall into line with the Fusions and Camry's and even Sonatas of the world.

You first have to commit to saying you want a FWD based car, but then you have to say its ok to have something different. You don't have Honda or Toyota or Nissan behind you.

A quick test drive in this car to me did not reveal all I wanted to find out. What I can say is the sum of the parts seemed worth more than the sticker and the car appealed to me more than anything sedan wise I can think of at 24k in recent memory.

If Suzuki fails in the US, it won't be because of hardware. The Kizashi is a pleasing car. No, its not AUTOJESUS.....but, it is a 'representation' of a car in its class that goes a bit outside the middle and tips the scale a little to making things interesting.

I might draw the line at 'sport sedan' because the front end is so heavy and the steering was not light and responsive enough to me at low speeds.

Don't sweat passing on the manual. the manual might be the most pure form to enjoy this car in, but the CVT in this car is well done, too. I have grown to like CVT's recently, and in the Kizashi (once you learn how to work the gas pedal) it can literally put you in your seat.

It's an odd thing to proclaim, because praised cars are usually because of good handling. The ride on the Kizashi I had zero fault with. The steering was very good, except at low speed I didn't think it was light enough. Perhaps I was wrong or maybe it will get tweaked. Who doesn't like holding on to the Kizashi's steering wheel?

I almost want to give an incomplete on this car only because I wanted more time in it. I refuse to overstate it and say it's a luxury car or something.. No, it just seems like people paid attention to making it just a bit better than you think a midsizer should be.

I drove this car the same day as the new Cruze. I liked the Cruze, and I know the cars are not in the same class. But the Cruze is not much cheaper. I think there are a lot of shoppers in the high end of compacts and many points of the mid size class that really should be exposed to this car.

This car may struggle to find sales, but it won't be because its not a good piece. It does not have the complete skill set of a 'sports sedan' but as it is, its a nice find in the sea of benign midsizers. It would be nice if just a few more folks could find this thing.

The interior despite its pleasing qualities had a slightly cheesy aura in the center stack. I hope they fix a little of that in the future. By no means is it dificient to the rest of the market.

I think a turbo version and sport version are due on this car in the future. You have a nice option of fully enjoying it as current, or waiting for some real fun.

After experiencing this car, and knowing fully well how the Jetta is, I see no rational argument to buy a Jetta over the Kizashi.

This is a strange review to conclude, because the brand will always hold back the car here in the US. The Kizashi is a nice, new, welcome option and it really at the core, a nice partner. There were some things about the car that were nitpicks, but the individuality of the car really endeared itself to me. Im my mind, its easily in the top tier of midsizers and feels every bit of and more than its list price. Once you get inside, the cabin is more than a positive reinforcement of any impressions you have going in.

I will give it a B+ for now. If the brand behind the car were stronger it would hit A- easily. I am just not sure enough folks will appreciate the differences in this car. And maybe that's ok. It just may not guarantee survival of the brand.

I leave this review confused because the car is solid and worthy of a look. Just knowing the brand is touch and go makes one leery.....

There are no big gripes about the car. Just do your homework and research all the implications before you commit to the 'brand'. I can just say that this car is among the top 2-3 now in the cars I would buy in the midsize class.

Edited by regfootball

It has a nice "higher end" feeling to it, and I have heard great things about the driving dynamics.

However, I love the Fusion in its class, and for me personally./...I still like the Fusion better.

I'm a big Ford guy, and I still cannot get jacked about the Fusion. I know I would prefer the Kizashi to the Fusion myself, having driven them.

The problem is, the car is good, but is that enough? Suzuki desperately needs to build some brand equity, and get its ducks in a row.

Edited by regfootball