"Awesome" Old Datsun Commercials

No time to view them all now but as most people here know I have a soft spot for Datsuns of all years & vintages. Even my 1984 Maxima and esp. my 1997 Q45. :wink:

Great post I'll check them all out later.

Posted Image

I remember seeing that 280ZX ad as a kid...Datsun-We Are Driven.

My sister was into Z's before she got into Benzes....she had a used '77 280Z after her first car (a '76 Pinto my dad bought her), then an '82 280ZX, an '86 300ZX 2+2, then a '91 300ZX Twin-Turbo...(that was a sweet car)...she had it in Boston, unfortunately it got totalled..replaced it with a '93 Saab 900 Turbo.

Edited by moltar

No time to view them all now but as most people here know I have a soft spot for Datsuns of all years & vintages. Even my 1984 Maxima and esp. my 1997 Q45. :wink:

Great post I'll check them all out later.

Posted Image

Mass/NH border huh? I grew up in North Hampton, NH in the '80s. I was probably the only kid before then or since who tooled around town (winters too) in a BRE Mulholland-suspensioned, Minilite-mag'd Datsun 240Z. Those were great days. Rust was a constant battle, but I had help from a good body guy. That straight six was a terrific engine - even better with FI I'm sure.

I remember seeing that 280ZX ad as a kid...Datsun-We Are Driven.

My sister was into Z's before she got into Benzes....she had a used '77 280Z after her first car (a '76 Pinto my dad bought her), then an '82 280ZX, an '86 300ZX 2+2, then a '91 300ZX Twin-Turbo...(that was a sweet car).

I swear that's me in the spot with the kid on the bike:) My dad even had a '79. There was real excitement about those cars.

I swear that's me in the spot with the kid on the bike:)  My dad even had a '79.  There was real excitement about those cars.

They were fun cars... I recall as a 10 yr old visiting my sister and brother-in-law #1 in Phoenix in '80 and riding in the '77 280...we went for some rides out in the desert, blasting around the winding mountain roads..fun car.

I drove her '86 and the '91--that Twin Turbo was a fun car..fast, great handling..I visited her in Boston in '92-93 a couple of times and drove it out to Cape Cod and up the Maine coastline...lots of fun with the T-tops of..

• 2 months later...

Damn Supra Ad still will not play for me... the sound does but

I get that "ambiance" graphic BS on Win Media Player. :angry:

I like a lot of them for the sheer fun of RWD + ultra lightweight chassis.

Datsun 510, 200sx hardtop, 1970s Toyota Celica, Toyota Celica Supra.

Mazda RX7, RX3... and so many of the old school cars that we never

got here in the USA. Like some very cool I6 powered Hardtops of the

70s including the Skyline.

-----------

~ Silvester AKA Chapman

Posted Image

The greatest automobile ever conceived by man: two shifters, FWD & small

enough to be driven into the back of a matching red Plymouth TrailDuster.

Edited by Sixty8panther