Virus -- HELP PLEASE!

NOS2006

Go to http://housecall.trendmicro.com. It's a free online virus scanner. Once you get it out, go buy an antivirus program. I'd recommend Trend Micro's PC-Cillin. We use it at work and I have no complaints, plus it doesn't entrench itself into your system a la Norton Antivirus.

Okay, so I run that system and the only thing it cannot delete is this vulnerability...

ASP.NET Path Validation Vulnerability (887219):

Transfering more information about this vulnerability...

An error occured while trying to retrieve more information about this vulnerability. There is currently no more information available.

A vulnerability in ASP.NET allows an attacker to bypass the security of an ASP.NET Web site, and access a machine. The attacker gains unauthorized access to some areas of the said...

What to do, what to do...

Sweet! Windows Update came up with that particular update and no others.. what a coincidence. Or is it?

So, now to get rid of that "Virus Alert!" in the tray next to my time. It's a red circle with a line through it that blinks to a green handicap symbol...

NOS... If I may ask, what were you doing when you got that virus? :D

Anyways, my PC has had that virus several times. It still works... kinda. It didn't seem all that harmful, although it, along with all the other viruses and spyware it's seen, thoroughly f@#ked up my PC. I recently just restored the hard drive for the 5th or 6th time... and you know what? It's still f@#ked up. Damn thing.... :P

No, I tried to watch a video and it said it was mandatory to download this file to watch certain videos. Well, my computer doesn't show a lot of vids, so I tried it out and it hurt the comp even more lol.

I found a sweet virus forum online and they've told me exactly how to fix it.. So I'm doing that after work tonight.. Thanks for the help, guys.