Sign in to follow this  
Variance

GM Statement Regarding Possible Sale of Isuzu

GM Statement Regarding Possible Sale of Isuzu

General Motors (NYSE: GM) acknowledged today that it is discussing the possible sale of Isuzu Motors Ltd. shares owned by GM in a private transaction. Isuzu is a core alliance partner with which GM has many long-term mutually beneficial projects and the level of activity between the two companies continues to increase. GM would not expect any sale of its Isuzu shares to have any effect on this important strategic alliance. There can be no assurance that any transaction will result from these discussions and it would, therefore, be inappropriate to comment further.

Link: http://media.gm.com/servlet/GatewayServlet...n=3&docid=24649

---

Get ready to include Isuzu in the "Asian Competition" section, I think.

GM will sell all of their shares of Isuzu to Ken Yackamack who lives down the street from GM headquarters for a total of $240 dollars in cash and a book of free Vente Latte Starbucks coupons good only at the Ren Center Starbucks.

When asked for comment Mr. Yackamack said, "I own me a car company now! I wonder if that means I can get a free car."

Edited by Oldsmoboi

Other than having a rebadged Envoy and Canyon, what purpose does the brand serve? I'm not supprised and actually I think it's about time they got rid of it rather than continuing to put money into it.

Other than having a rebadged Envoy and Canyon, what purpose does the brand serve? I'm not supprised and actually I think it's about time they got rid of it rather than continuing to put money into it.

They've aided GM in the medium-duty truck sector with diesel engines and chassis (or is it whole trucks?).

Isuzus value to GM in engineering and medium duty trucks makes this unlikely. Why do you think the duramax's are so good. Every time GM sells something it does better after, Fiat turned a profit this year and Toyota snaped up subaru real fast. Would they really like a dmax titian?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook