Credit Card companies are retarded

Satty

Ok, so I rarely use my card, no real need to, cash gets things paid off immediately, but on Monday I had a work related meeting ( a whole different story) and had to dress professionally, so I went to the mall and bought $100 in new clothes so I could make the meeting on time, dressed decently. Tuesday comes around and I'm running low on gas, so I pull up to the pump, slide the card (I had used the last of the cash in my pocket on Chinese food) and it gets declined. So I check my online statement and it says that due to "high risk" activity, my card has a block on it. Today I finally got around to calling, apparently that $100 (which came nowhere close to putting me over my credit limit) was deemed "high risk" and they needed to confirm it was me making the carge. How gay. Sorry, just had to vent. Credit cards are evil, never get one.

hey my om works for one! kidding, but yea she whe quit, obviously its just as bad working at a credit card company! sorry for the troubles satty.

Ha.. Today I put $700 on to an American Express Traveler's Cheque Card. It's the same thing as a Credit Card, but you can't go into the negative and I don't think it gives/takes credit points from you. So, anyway, I have $88.26 left. :)

Does 'High Risk' mean a risk of exceeding your limit or a risk of an unauthorized purchase?

I've had my debit/credit card inaccessible because it noticed me trying make an online payment of $350.00 three times (I had entered the amount and CC# three times, but it never went though correctly because I didn't enter the password right). I'm happy for it.