Supporting Local Music

Guest Josh

I'm a huge fan of local music and supporting it. Perhaps it's because I come from MoTown, The Motor City, etc and this state (metro-Detroit really) is so rich with hot music and promising bands that I can't help but appreciate the smaller (for now) guys.

Obviously everybody knows how I feel about JoCaine & 75 North whom I feel will be mega stars before the end of' 06 if not before the end of summer '06. They've had their music featured on CSI and in several movies.

Jocaine & 75 North

But, there's also a band the "Paper Street Saints." These guys rip it too. They have a nice modern sound ala Nickleback especially with their latest song "A Fool TO Lie" which is catching on after only being released two days ago. Check them out at their MySpace page below.

Paper Street Saints

Now, share some local bands music you like. I'm interested in discovering new talent.

"A fool to Lie" is pretty good.

I noticed their album title is "My Fist Your Face". Is there a song of the same name on that album. I'm interested in hearing it, because there's an Aerosmith song with that name on the "Done With Mirrors" album that's pretty good.

my local music sucks beyond belief... almost 100% of that horrid emo garbage... but there are two bands im aware of from NJ that are really good...

Overlorde... power metal band... think iron maiden, judas priest etc

http://www.myspace.com/overlorde

and Southern Fried Funk... im friends with 3 of the members as they are on my gymnastics team... all of the members are under 15... they play southern rock ala Lynard Skynard... they are AMAZING

http://www.myspace.come/southernfriedfunk