New Matchbox GMs--CTSes and Pontiac Firebird Formula

Got the red CTS-V wagon a couple months ago... its a 2010 release, though. Still haven't found a Atomic Green Ute though.

Haven't found the Ute either..didn't realize the CTS-V wagon had been out that long...will pick 'em up on eBay eventually if I can't find 'em locally..

Got the red CTS-V wagon a couple months ago... its a 2010 release, though. Still haven't found a Atomic Green Ute though.

Haven't found the Ute either..didn't realize the CTS-V wagon had been out that long...will pick 'em up on eBay eventually if I can't find 'em locally..

Yeah, I was going to post a photo of it when I got it, but when I realized it was a 2010, I figured everyone who cared already seen it.

Its a nice piece... but its at the other house, so I can't post it.

Yeah, I was going to post a photo of it when I got it, but when I realized it was a 2010, I figured everyone who cared already seen it.

Its a nice piece... but its at the other house, so I can't post it.

Even though the CTS-V Sports Wagon is a 2010 release, it was a late release - I think fall. I only found mine in February.

I have found numerous 2008 Holden Utes and CTS-V wagons at the Toys R US I work at (not for much longer though!). Let me know if anyone wants me to pick them up, just cover the cost of the cars + shipping.

I found a bunch of new '11 issue Matchboxes, incl. the silver Caddy CTS coupe. Haven't found the red CTS-v wagon or blue early '70s Firebird Formula yet.

I found the CTS Coupe this past weekend at my local Target, and the blue '70s Firebird Formula about 2-3 weeks ago at another Target.

$(KGrHqZ,!m!E2EGh+JCnBNqPC6kYTw~~_3.JPG

1115HeritageClassicsPontiacFirebirdFormulablue.jpg

On a side note, I like that Matchbox has added the vehicle's image to the packaging. It make for much easier locating when on a peg in the store. Hot Wheels started this I believe for 2009 or 2010.

BTW, I miss OldsGuy posting here... he always found these cars early, and other GM makes from other toy manufacturers.

• 3 weeks later...
On a side note, I like that Matchbox has added the vehicle's image to the packaging. It make for much easier locating when on a peg in the store. Hot Wheels started this I believe for 2009 or 2010.

Agreed ... but didn't they used to do that "back in the day"? I seem to remember receiving HotWheels and MatchBox cars that featured pics of the models on the packaging....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * meet_05.21.11_FrnkGrv.IL *

MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort

"These are some good times, so take a good look around" __ Trace Adkins __ 'You're Gonna Miss This'

Agreed ... but didn't they used to do that "back in the day"? I seem to remember receiving HotWheels and MatchBox cars that featured pics of the models on the packaging....

It was hit or miss. IIRC, some '80s Hot Wheels packages didn't have cars on them at all. MatchBox packaging would have a car on it... but it was always the same car for some yearly series... not necessarily the one in the package. Most of the time both Hot Wheels and Matchbox had different packages for different classes of vehicle... but the cars still didn't necessarily match the package.

It think the idea was that a kid would get a package that had a more desirable car on it... so when junior got a 4 door sedan car, he'd bother his parents for the hot sports car featured on the packaging. I know any cars listed on the back of the package were quickly added to my want list.

I'm not finding the vehicle on the packaging so useful. ;-( My retailers are packing the units so tight you can't hardly take the first package off the hook without pulling two others off with it. And there is no space to look through the sides. Making searching a real PITA.

• 1 month later...

BTW, I miss OldsGuy posting here... he always found these cars early, and other GM makes from other toy manufacturers.

Thanks. BTW, the second color on the Firebird will be gold, appearing soon.

• 2 weeks later...