Armor All

How the f**k do you remove it?

The Legacy has been Armor All'd sometime in the past and I've been having a hell of a time trying to remove the shine. The automotive interior cleaners and similar protectant sprays with a 'matte' finish do nothing to actually remove that god-awful stuff. Any solutions that won't have negative effects to the interior materials?

Armor All is terrible stuff. I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer. I believe it will take the Armor All off, though I can't remember. What it will do is clean the surfaces, not leave a shine, and smells great. Its water based and will not harm vinyl or leather surfaces. Armor All will.

You could try some dishwasher soap (or even laundry detergent) mixed in with some warm water.

Armor All is terrible stuff. I use Meguiar's Quik Detailer. I believe it will take the Armor All off, though I can't remember. What it will do is clean the surfaces, not leave a shine, and smells great. Its water based and will not harm vinyl or leather surfaces. Armor All will.

+1

It does work. Took the shine off a neighbor's Neon after a few tries.....

While I really, really don't like armorall's common super shiny greasy nasty stuff, I have had good experience with their cleaning wipes, so I'd be tempted to try that.

I'd recommend against that stuff as well for interior surfaces. However, it's great for cleaning tools.

While I really, really don't like armorall's common super shiny greasy nasty stuff, I have had good experience with their cleaning wipes, so I'd be tempted to try that.

I'd recommend against that stuff as well for interior surfaces. However, it's great for cleaning tools.

The cleaning wipes? I've been using them for years, they leave no visible residue, almost zero lint, but some streaks (like on the gauge cluster or radio read-out face). What's wrong with them?

In my experience, and the experience of many people I know on the other two forums I frequent, none of the AA products are good for vinyl or leather surfaces. My car has a lot of those, so I don't use it. Meg's Quik Detailer cleans well, leaves no shiny or streaks.

I think the AA cleaner is good for cleaning tough stains (why I use it on tools), but my car never gets dirty enough to need heavy cleaning anyway. ;)