My vision of a cooler LaCrosse

So I've been thinking...Since the engine between the Buick LaCrosse V6 and the Camaro V6 are the same (LLT I believe), then wouldn't it be sweet to incorporate a supercharger into the LaCrosse's performance? Now before you going flaming me, I'm just thinking out loud here...packaging would likely need to change to ensure a fit within the engine bay, and the cost would be nothing to laugh at. But just think about it for a second...

A supercharged 2012 Buick LaCrosse

Currently 303 HP, could get well over 400 from a S/C application

4 doors for all your friends and a roomy trunk for the gear.

AWD to keep you stable and give one hell of a launch control.

A total sleeper, basically a 4-dr Camaro with AWD.

Brings a new "cool" factor to the brand to help with lowering the entry age of a Buick owner AND perfectly compliments the Regal GS with it's turbo.

The way I see it, the two cars (along with the smaller 2-dr compact if still happening...I've haven't been following much these days), could be marketed as an in-house tuner brand (like AMG, M-Series) or even farm it out to a tuning house along the lines of Lingenfelter, ABT, Etc...

I've been wanting the LaCrosse since the day it was revealed...and I love customizing cars. This was my vision of what an awesome LaCrosse could be if I owned it (and had some extra money laying around) :D

I would think the use of the coming Turbo V6 would be a better choice since Superchargers are on their way out with most small engines.

AWD is ok but at what cost of weight? Also how much do you plan to charge for this car. There are limits at this time on what people will pay for a Buick and that is why we did not get the full on OPC Regal. Once the GM wins the publics trust with the new cars they can move to some more upscale cars in the future. Right not the LaCrosse and Regal need to build a faithful following and grow the market in the price range people are willing to take a chance on them.

Right now I see going over $40k with either the present Regal or LaCrosse difficult.

Completely agree with you there HyperV6. The cost could be a hurdle...I wanted to add that to my post yesterday, but missed it. The extra HP would more than offset the extra weight from AWD IMO. GM can do it with Cadillac and the V-series and an even loftier price of entry, why not give Buick a try? Ford also pulls it off with the Taurus SHO with a starting price of $38K for the 2011 model.

I personally couldn't afford a $40K car at the moment, but will likley be more able in the coming years while I am still younger than the current average age of a Buick owner. That's all I'm saying...I could see professionals in their 40's/50's gobbling these up. Let's take some market share away from Acura/Lexs/Infiniti/...etc. Isn't this the market we're putting Buick up against? (at least I was 8)) Caddy can take on BMW/Audi/Mercedes.

As for Turbo vs Supercharger, that is a long standing debate...and one I'm not inclined to get into. Choose your evil I say. I've owned a turbocharged car in the past, and loved it. That being said, I'd love a go at a Supercharger.

Edited by CreativeVision

I could see professionals in their 40's/50's gobbling these up. Let's take some market share away from Acura/Lexs/Infiniti/...etc.

Neighbors down the street are both in their mid-50s and drive Acuras. I love watching the man come home and park his out front of his townhouse when I'm out getting the mail... he always rubs the tire(s) up against the curb in his almost 2-year old Acura! I think the wife has taken the one mirror off entering/exiting the garage too :lol: