I Think I May Finally Have A Car...

Guest YellowJacket894

Guest YellowJacket894
Well, I think I have finally found a car. A solid example of a 1980 Pontiac Trans Am. It definitly needs some attention and restoration, but for $3,500 it is a nice, rust-free example. I don't have any photos, but if I buy it I will have a few. The T/A has less than 100,000 miles, no rust, but needs some new trim, paint, and interior work. But it does run and will get me to and from school and work, which I will have by November. The engine is a 305, which I think - correct me if I'm wrong - is the incorrect motor for this car. I think the offer I'll put out there will be an even $2,500. The color? Oh, red. Yeah, no way in hell am I putting a CB radio in it and painting it black.

Guest YellowJacket894
^ Yeah, something like that. Also, let me mention that the T/A did not have T-Tops, which I am thankful for. That's just one less thing to worry about in my opinion. And the graphics - Flaming Chicken and hood scoop decal - were in superb shape. Almost like they had just turned 2 years old.

Guest YellowJacket894
Guys, I think that my original offer of $2,500 may be a little much. I inspected the car further, and it's going to need major interior work, some body work (I don't know how I missed the ding in the driver's front fender), and new paint. But, thank God the engine is still working - and damn well, may I add - and can lay a little rubber. So, does $1,000 - $1,500 sound about right? I mean, I think the owner will go for it. The car's been for sale for close to a half-year now. So the engine is correct and the T/A is a California-spec car? Well, that explains why the car is 100% rust-free. Edited by anorexorcist

10% rust free... It's worth $1500 all day long IMHO.

Guest YellowJacket894
Well, the guy's not taking my offer. So 'eff him I guess. There is a T/A for $1,100... But it's in Utah. God, finding a car is becoming a real bitch.