For Back to the Future Fans

I've probably met the most interesting person I'm going to meet while working at a parts store.

Yesterday a gentleman came in to pick up an Optima battery he had ordered. He brought the core with him, a battery sold by us 6 years ago. Generally, a battery that old is not the prettiest thing. They range from dirty to downright scary. This one wasn't though, it looked practically new. I happened to comment on it and he told me its because it came out of a DeLorean.

I like DMC 12s, so I asked him a bit about it. As it turns out, Patrick Shea and his father own not one, but three of them. One of them is a restored DeLorean, another was restored and converted into an accurate first movie replica, and the third is one of the actual cars used in the third movie.

It's pretty awesome to meet a guy who not only collects DeLoreans but owns an actual movie car. He told me how he had one of cars (maybe all three, I haven't read everything on the websites yet) shipped to DMC where it was frame off restored and has a Stage 2 engine installed (which makes nearly 200 horsepower!). Great guy, his family takes the cars to various shows and events. He may bring one of them to the store someday. That's be pretty awesome. He also gave me the links to the car's websites, which if you're a really big fan of either DeLoreans or Back to the Future or both, you'll love.

The first one is a general site which focuses more on replica and news and events.

http://88mphtimemachine.com/

The second site is focused on the story and restoration of the car from the third movie:

http://bttf3delorean.com/

Enjoy!