Audi News: Audi U.S. chief Johan de Nysschen Steps Down

William Maley

Editor/Reporter - CheersandGears.com

June 3, 2012

Audi of America president Johan De Nysschen stepped down from his post this past Friday. Audi spokesman Brad Stertz told Autoweek that the move is immediate. Stertz also said De Nysschen is leaving for another job.

In an e-mail to workers, de Nysschen explained why he is stepping down,

"I do want to make it very clear--this development is unrelated to the present discussion and expectations of reorganization of senior roles inside the VW Group. Rather, it comes from a realization of the future leadership needs of Audi, in order to attain our goal of becoming the most aspirational premium brand in the U.S."

He goes on to say; "I'd like to think you know me. The spirit of Audi roars within my heart. However, after much reflection, I have the very clear conviction that Audi is at a new inflection point in the ongoing development of the brand in the U.S.--and this demands leadership with new insights and a philosophy which is more appropriate for this new phase for the company. I dearly love this company and all it represents. I thrive on developing turnaround strategies and on building companies, but Audi of America is no longer a construction site. It needs leadership with a different skill set. I want Audi to win. But I too, need to secure my future, and must play to my own strengths. Stepping aside for new leadership, and setting forth to seek out a new "construction site," in a manner of speaking, is a painful but appropriate decision at this time. A win-win, if you like. Such an opportunity presents itself at this time, and I have decided to accept this new challenge."

de Nysschen has been Audi's U.S. president since December 2004 and has overseen the considerable growth for the brand in image and sales.

Audi's COO Mark Del Rosso will handle day to day operations until a replacement is found.

Source: Autoweek

View full article