Amazingly, everyone was Okay after this...

This chain-reaction accident on the 14 Antelope Valley Freeway north of L.A. began when a big table fell off a pickup truck. One big rig was involved, and there were a couple of critical injuries. That there weren't even more serious injuries or fatalities is, I think, a testament to how safe modern vehicles are.

• Agree 2

Exactly....

Good, a totalled Prius in the pile.

Amazing how everything fell that way... everybody's alright.

And it ran into and totaled another Toyota product.... (the green Scion xB).....

Critical injuries are nothing to sneeze at. In my accident, the head curtain airbag in my Fiesta blew and knocked my neck sideways. It stayed that way and hurt for a couple of munts after that. I can't imagine being critically injured and dealing with the rehab time after that... perhaps feeling effects for a lifetime... things like this can alter a person.

My door window was open, if the airbag hadn't been there, my head may have hit the B-pillar though.

Edited by ocnblu

Critical injuries still happen with modern cars. I have a guy I race against who has a modern BMW (1 series). He got rear ended, and spent 2 and a half months off of work and in rehab.

Insurance company fixed the car even though it had like 18 thou in damages...