M2 Machines '58 GMC

Cool find!! I would need to see this in person to see if I like the black and gld paint scheme.

I found the '58 Suburban Carrier in the blue & white two-tone in early August and the orange & white two-tone '59 Chevy Apache 4x4 in late August:

0728cotd1.jpg

31500-19c2lg.jpg

I've passed on the other trucks in this series.

Cubical - I got that same exact Viking next to the '58 Suburban Carrier and '59 Apache 4x4. I have yet to buy a Viking tractor-trailer, as I haven't found one yet that has compelled me to separate from $15-$20 :lol:

ocnblu - strangely I did not notice that until you brought it up :blink:

These diecasts are more expensive - ranging from $4 to $7 depending on where you buy them - but they offer unique models that collector's love and have great detail for their size (slightly larger than Matchbox/Hot Wheels cars).

They also make the Viking w/ a longer chassis w/ 2 rear axles and chromed wheels.

I haven't see that yet. New release? I know the single rear axle was also available in orange (Yukon Gold) with the chrome rims:

post-418-0-42674900-1347306956_thumb.jpg

I wasn't a fan of that one so I only purchased the blue & white one you posted above. I'll have to look-out for the tandem rear axle model :smilewide:

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

They also make the Viking w/ a longer chassis w/ 2 rear axles and chromed wheels.

I haven't see that yet. New release? I know the single rear axle was also available in orange (Yukon Gold) with the chrome rims - wasn't a fan of that one so I only purchased the blue & white one you posted above. I'll have to look-out for the tandem rear axle model :smilewide:

I'm not sure if it's available by itself (I've seen pics of one in the same blue as as the single axle one) or only w/ the trailer in sets (car hauler, etc). I didn't really care for most of the truck & trailer sets I've seen from M2 because them seem to have modern graphics for the trailers and not period graphics...

I'm not sure if it's available by itself (I've seen pics of one in the same blue as as the single axle one) or only w/ the trailer in sets (car hauler, etc). I didn't really care for most of the truck & trailer sets I've seen from M2 because them seem to have modern graphics for the trailers and not period graphics...

I think that's why I haven't bought any either. Something about them, even the classic-inspired ones, haven't bitten me:

M2AH4C.jpg

M236000-05-03.jpg

m236000-06-01.jpg

I Googled "M2 LCF" and found this one with the tandem axle:

tandem.jpg

That is a custom made model: http://joesdiecastsh...tbed-car-hauler

Otherwise, I prefer the look of the longer truck myself. Hopefully M2 will see this and offer this from the "factory".

Going off-topic, but this would be an excellent follow-up offering to bring us into the next "decade":

viking_spartan_l50-l80-60_14863.jpg

Edited by GMTruckGuy74

The '59 car hauler w/ the '57 Chevy looks neat, but it would be more realistic w/ a load of '59 Chevys.. :) I'd like to see some of the '60s ones done also. I have a neat Ertl 1:43rd '60s truck similar to the 1:1 you pictured, was probably made 20 years ago. Ertl made a '50 Chevy LCF in that series also, IIRC.

Edit: this is the Ertl Chevy I have. There was also a green tow truck version.

2954635.jpg

Edited by Cubical-aka-Moltar

Yeah, I have that '60 as a tow truck, passed on the chasis cab for God knows what reason when it came out in '90. I've seen that green chasis cab for sale at eBay for anywhere from $5-$25 :yikes: I'll get one one day I'm sure (I always keep my eyes open at toy shows).

Still looking at the '58 LCFs... this one is from a year ago, don't think Target ever offered it for sale but I would likely buy this one:

199904_149912891739653_100001628282876_331597_2253495_n.jpg

This is interesting as I never saw this Toys R Us version for sale either:

189858_149913035072972_100001628282876_331598_7860164_n.jpg

Now while I do have one of these Chevy LCFs, in black for Chevy's 100th, I never saw the colored versions nor have I ever seen the Ford version for sale (with the bed):

197481_10150118912438074_186542513073_6652470_6889424_n.jpg