I Spy

ocnblu

Hate the front end design, the Wings and slant headlights if freakin ugly. Love the color though. I agree with the I Spy a small CUV. Sadly the shape seems to imply a small mini van not a true CUV, but then more small CUV's seem to be going the 7 passenger micro mini van route.

If it has the same ugly nose on it then it will not be that great.

Lincoln needs to bring some visual cues that people recognize as Lincoln and make the car distinctive. The entire Buick lineup has more "brand" look to it yet still looks modern. Why would you chose the MKZ over a Lacrosse from a visual standpoint... I don't think anyone would.

I find the MKZ front end to be weak, but I like a lot of the rest of the car. I like the fact it is not trying to be a BMW or a Benz, but an American interpretation of luxury style. Having said that, the AWD V6 Ecoboost MKZ cannot arrive fast (!) enough.

I believe the 1941 Continental-style grille has not been successfully reinterpreted in a seamlessly modern way. I feel the best of this look is on the current MKX... but I also liked the first-gen MKX with its 1961 inspired grillework.

Cadillac has stuck with a set of design cues since the 1930's (grillework) and the 1940's (fin taillamps), and that gives them a continuity that truly conveys luxury and permanence. Lincoln has much less of a history of design continuity, and now they are reaching for anything in their past to latch onto, design-wise, to give the appearance of a proud heritage that luxury buyers may find important. BMW and Benz, R-R and Bentley also have held onto a common theme, to their credit. Lexus and Infiniti are pretenders and always will be.