Speed Record Trivia!

Yes it was the Breedloves in a AMX.

You have to do better than that.

His ex wife also took the Spirit of America I think to or almost to 500 MPH and held the female speed record for a good while.

Sonic One was here is town for Goodyear when I was a kid and they put in the cockpit. I still have a couple photo's around here I still treasure.

The AMX is still around and I think it was sold a little while ago for a good penny. It was the first of the red white and blue AMX's that were built.

Edited by hyperv6

Andy Granatelli's records were really well documented made for good press. Too bad Studebaker was so far gone by this point.

I never got to meet Andy but I have heard good things about him. I have had to deal with his nephew for the last 20 years and he is a a$$. I was so glad when they sold Paxton but we still have to deal with Joey's present company,.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Hey there, we noticed you're using an ad-blocker. We're a small site that is supported by ads or subscriptions. We rely on these to pay for server costs and vehicle reviews.  Please consider whitelisting us in your ad-blocker, or if you really like what you see, you can pick up one of our subscriptions for just $1.75 a month or $15 a year. It may not seem like a lot, but it goes a long way to help support real, honest content, that isn't generated by an AI bot.

See you out there.

Drew
Editor-in-Chief

Write what you are looking for and press enter or click the search icon to begin your search

Change privacy settings