• Greetings Guest!

CheersandGears.com was founded in 2001 and is one of the oldest continuously operating automotive forums out there.  Come see why we have users who visit nearly every day for the past 16+ years. Signup is fast and free, or you can opt for a premium subscription to view the site ad-free.

Sign in to follow this  
GMTruckGuy74

Am I crazy for wanting this?!?!? (2009 Hummer H3T Alpha)

Dealer website: http://www.starcarhellertown.com/preowned/index.cfm/action/view_2009_hummer_h3/vehicle/5GNEN13L498126220/#

Autoshopper.com: http://www.autoshopper.com/used-trucks/2009_HUMMER_H3_T_Alpha_Hellertown_PA-27229441.htm

5GNEN13L498126220-2.jpg

5GNEN13L498126220-24.jpg

Website selling price - $31,998; Internet requested quote - $29,998; 50k miles, 5.3L V8 (Alpha model)

I've been keeping an eye on this one for a couple of weeks. Price started at $35,990 but didn't last long there. I've wanted a Hummer H3T Alpha since they were introduced, and I can still "see" the red one that was on the turntable at the 2009 NYIAS. I followed a white, non-Alpha H3T for a while on my commute home last night.

If I went with this purchase, there'd be no new 2014/2015 GMC Sierra.

Awesome, I think this is a great product that was a shame to see it die, price is high, but once it is in the low 20's I think it is worth it.

Good Luck, this is a cherry of a ride. :D

wow. i didnt know the h3t had the 5.3. i think they are awesome except i cant get past the thought of it being my colorado with a body kit.

For some reason, can't edit my post above. I got the price wrong; it is not $29,998 as I wrote (that was for a different H3T I looked at online). This one is $31,998. I agree Camino - way too much for an orphaned brand. $25,998 and I might be test driving this thing :P

If I were to spend over $30k for a pre-owned vehicle, I'd seriously consider this:

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT with 43k miles for $33,660 http://www.carsense.com/used-car/2008-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-EXT-NAV-C08840M/

7197b79362a7470b9e35c1406603929f.jpg

I pass this Carsense dealership every day; it's located in my town. I notice everything they put out in the front line and saw this on the way in to work this morning. If I were seeking a $30k loan for a preowned vehicle, I think this Caddy is worth it over the Hummer.

However, I said I wanted to get a new 2014 or 2015 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4WD, so I am holding back (for now!). I think I'd like to go check out that Escalade though ;)

Depending on your needs, either go for the Escalade EXT or wait for the next-gen Sierra. Hummers were a questionable idea even when they were selling like hotcakes.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.