Am I crazy for wanting this?!?!? (2009 Hummer H3T Alpha)

Dealer website: http://www.starcarhellertown.com/preowned/index.cfm/action/view_2009_hummer_h3/vehicle/5GNEN13L498126220/#

Autoshopper.com: http://www.autoshopper.com/used-trucks/2009_HUMMER_H3_T_Alpha_Hellertown_PA-27229441.htm

5GNEN13L498126220-2.jpg

5GNEN13L498126220-24.jpg

Website selling price - $31,998; Internet requested quote - $29,998; 50k miles, 5.3L V8 (Alpha model)

I've been keeping an eye on this one for a couple of weeks. Price started at $35,990 but didn't last long there. I've wanted a Hummer H3T Alpha since they were introduced, and I can still "see" the red one that was on the turntable at the 2009 NYIAS. I followed a white, non-Alpha H3T for a while on my commute home last night.

If I went with this purchase, there'd be no new 2014/2015 GMC Sierra.

Awesome, I think this is a great product that was a shame to see it die, price is high, but once it is in the low 20's I think it is worth it.

Good Luck, this is a cherry of a ride. :D

For some reason, can't edit my post above. I got the price wrong; it is not $29,998 as I wrote (that was for a different H3T I looked at online). This one is $31,998. I agree Camino - way too much for an orphaned brand. $25,998 and I might be test driving this thing :P

If I were to spend over $30k for a pre-owned vehicle, I'd seriously consider this:

2008 Cadillac Escalade EXT with 43k miles for $33,660 http://www.carsense.com/used-car/2008-Cadillac-Escalade-EXT-EXT-NAV-C08840M/

7197b79362a7470b9e35c1406603929f.jpg

I pass this Carsense dealership every day; it's located in my town. I notice everything they put out in the front line and saw this on the way in to work this morning. If I were seeking a $30k loan for a preowned vehicle, I think this Caddy is worth it over the Hummer.

However, I said I wanted to get a new 2014 or 2015 GMC Sierra Crew Cab 4WD, so I am holding back (for now!). I think I'd like to go check out that Escalade though ;)