1999 Oldsmobile Alero

My name speaks volumes about my love affair with Oldsmobiles.
I owned a 1985 Oldsmobile Delta 88. I bought it used in the mid-1990s. It was a beater but oh...what I wonderful time I had with it.
I bought a brand new 1999 Olds Alero. I dont have it anymore. I dont miss it all that much today...but I do miss the Alero's profile and silhouette. It reminded me of my utmost favorite car of all time...a 1969 or 1970 Oldsmobile Cutlass. Hurst Olds for a 1969 Cutlass and a 442 for a 1970 Cutlass.
Here is my Alero.

090_zpsulxsfwlh.jpg

• Agree 2

Thanx.

It was a GLS.

Black with Beige leather seats...

Limo tints in the back and 3/4 windows and legal the front 2 windows...

It was a beautiful car. It still is a nice car...the Alero aged well.

The only thing I was less entused about was that stupid pushrod 3.4 liter V6.

Not the pushrod part. The fact that GM forced Oldsmobile to use that 3.4 "value" engine.

It was a great engine when new. But it became a dog later. I wish the Alero was offered with that sweet Shortstar...the Alero would have been a rocket...and a REAL competitor to the foreign makes that GM was tooting for Oldsmobile in 1996 or 1997...

Its nice to see Buick pick up where Oldsmobile left off though. But I aint a Buick guy. Im an Olds guy... :(

• Agree 1

I had a new 1999 Pontiac Grand Am GT1 Sedan, bright red with the beige leather. I leased it for two years, May 1999 until May 2001. It served me well and as far as I remember, it was trouble free. I was happy with the ride, handling, and size - though my wife got a 2000 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Sedan August of 2000 and we drove that car more :)

And I agree with your styling assessment. The Alero coupe had a late '60s/early '70s Cutlass vibe in the side profile - one of the reasons I liked the Alero. I tried to convince my step son to buy a used Alero Coupe back in 2011, but he was into the '98-'04 Buick Regal (he ended up with a '98 Regal LS with the Gran Touring suspension and bucket seats).

You're in good company with the Olds love here.  :AH-HA:

[sharedmedia=garage:vehicles:70]

Its nice to see Buick pick up where Oldsmobile left off though. But I aint a Buick guy. Im an Olds guy... :(

I have a little of both :)

post-51-0-21375800-1430830191_thumb.jpg

I feel the Olds love from you guys.

Ive found an internet home in these forums... :D

Id probably choose the Regal over the Alero also...as a used car...3.8 liter V6...great engine...

However...if we compare W-Bodies though...the Intrigue kicks Regal butt.  :booyah:

@Drew

Nice Toronado...Im assuming its in excellent condition.

:cutlass:

Cool emoticon...hey...its a Cutlass Supreme...I also loved that W-Body. 

I feel the Olds love from you guys.

Ive found an internet home in these forums... :D

Id probably choose the Regal over the Alero also...as a used car...3.8 liter V6...great engine...

However...if we compare W-Bodies though...the Intrigue kicks Regal butt.  :booyah:

@Drew

Nice Toronado...Im assuming its in excellent condition.

:cutlass:

Cool emoticon...hey...its a Cutlass Supreme...I also loved that W-Body. 

I think I asked them to add that Cutlass emoticon eons ago before I owned the site.  I had a 1994 Convertible at the time. I found C&G and signed up because I needed troubleshooting help... and then just stuck around. 

Yeah, the Toronado is a preservation. It's not a show car by any means, but its in good shape, everything works, and it gets driven regularly.