On the Chopping Block

Alright, since my hand was tipped in the thread that was going the other direction I'll do this one now.  What one brand do you think is truly expendable?  What one brand of car would you get rid of, why, and would you do anything with the products it is currently making?

I know GM is already shutting down the plants but so far planning to keep the name, but I say let Holden go.  There are a couple of their vehicles which have already been rebadged under the Chevrolet umbrella, and I say go ahead and do that with the remaining models that don't have straight-up matches already in the Chevy line-up.  Most importantly, this gives the opportunity to bring back the El Camino badge and start selling them in US again (thank you Holden Ute HSV Maloo).  It would also be an important step towards presenting a common strategy worldwide for GM branding.

I think Holden needs to stay, but they'll just get rebadges from other divisions.  They really should tie up closer with Opel and GMDAT since those two make the right hand drive cars.  Cooperation with Buick for big RWD cars for US, Australia, and China wouldn't be a bad move.

I think Mitsubishi needs to throw in the towel.  They've made so many mistakes and keep making mistakes, it's clear that they aren't going to get anywhere now. 

Vauxhall is just rebadged Opels for English speaking market, so it's not like it costs anything to keep alive. 

Scion is dying and their future products don't look promising.  There is no reason the Scion iM couldn't be sold as new Matrix besides the lack of AWD.  The iA is going to sell worse than the Yaris does.  What's left? tC and FR-S.... well there's your Celica and GT86 at Toyota.  They might even sell better under the Toyota name.