Scale towns, radio, Pontiac v. Camaro & cruising

Among my many hobbies is my HO scale model train layout, with many iconic places across the US.
But, I enjoy the work of an OC,SHer.  His scale layout is Metro City; this is a scene from 2 Trees Mall:

An old Motorola radio still in use in an old Ford:

Which would you rather have &/or drive: Pontiac or Camaro?  Between the website & the Facebook page, seems the overwhelming majority is for the Pontiac!

Cannot remember the last time I was able to just go cruising, so 3 cruising options: Ford, Hudson & Cadillac.

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com
1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"There's got to be another way" __ The Who __ 'Who Are You?'

1. I could lose myself all day long at looking at dioramas...that is a nice hobby to get into. Model trains are nice...if one could build a large enough display with 3-4 different tracks going on with bridges and hills and cars and buildings and waterways etc...

As you know...I own about 68 1/18 scale die cast model cars. I would want to display some of them in dioramas....and maybe just maybe...if I ever get back in build plastic model airplanes...I will probably start making little WW2 scenes...

2. Cool radio... Would that be a stock car radio or would that be an aftermarket one?  

3. Difficult question...as I love me fullsized Chevys more than Pontiacs...like Impalas and Bel Airs of the 1950s/1960s...however 1960s Bonnevilles and are sooooo cool.

The mid-sized muscle cars are Pontiacs all the way....and the Trans Am is my favorite pony car...During the 1980s and 1990s...Id say Pontiac...

So...when all is said and done...I guess Pontiac wins my heart...

4. With those three pictures that you chose for us...Cadillac all the way...1950/1960s Cadillacs...the stereotypical American Land Yacht cruising cars...

So yeah...Cadillac.

The Ford..it would be stripped down and made into a Hot Rod had I owned it...

The Hudson...ditto, Id make it into a lead sled...

The Cadillac...Id restomod it...keep it close to stock in appearance as possible...but keep it as a cruiser.

Stew,

Cool ... that scale is the easiest to display. ;)

olds,

1) Agreed, it is a sweet hobby.  Wish I had the room for that large of an HO-scale train layout!  Those WW2 scenes would be interesting.

2) Aftermarket.  It is a 1958 Motorola in a 1957 Ford truck. ;)

3) I much prefer the full-sizers, too!

4) LOL ... interesting plans for each of 'em!

Cort :) www.oldcarsstronghearts.com

1979 & 1989 Caprice Classics | pigValve, paceMaker, cowValve
"Nothing could be finer" __ Girls Next Door __ 'Slow Boat To China'