Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
NicCris

Dacia launches new Lauréate Prime Special Editions

Recommended Posts

Dacia will celebrate the 10th anniversary since its European re-launch in 2005 at the 85th Geneva International Motor Show where new special edition versions of the Sandero, Duster and Logan MCV will be unveiled. Ten years have passed since the Logan was launched in Europe in 2005, heralding the dawn of a bright new era for the Romanian brand Dacia, whose Renault-led rebirth proved to be the catalyst for unprecedented levels of success across the continent. Having made its UK debut at the 2012 Goodwood Festival of Speed, with first customer deliveries in 2013, the Dacia brand has gone from strength-to-strength reaching 50,000 sales in March 2015.

 

• Dacia launches its new ‘Lauréate Prime’ special edition
• The top-of -the range Lauréate benefits from bespoke styling, standard metallic paint and multimedia upgrades
• Available in the UK on Sandero, Duster and Logan MCV models, exclusively in the new Cosmos Blue colour

 

 

Laureate-prime-group-700x380.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



  • Social Stream

  • Similar Content

    • By William Maley
      Nissan has expanded its probe into former chairman Carlos Ghosn with the investigation into various European subsidiaries that may bring more criminal charges.
      Automotive News has learned from sources that the focus of the investigation will be around the Renault-Nissan BV based in the Netherlands. This was set up by the two automakers back in 2002 to be a strategic management company that oversees the alliance. But one source says that Nissan is planning to look into "as many as a dozen other Nissan-affiliated subsidiaries set up in the Netherlands," for possible financial misconduct. Japanese prosecutors are looking into some of the companies with the help of Nissan.
      (Emphasis mine.)
      This move may signal that the scandal may have reached outward of Japan and bring investigations right to Renault's doorstep. Automotive News also notes this could "further complicate" the delicate relations between the two.
      That neatly transitions us to a report from Reuters where a source reveals that Renault has told Nissan not to contact its directors ahead of a December 13th meeting of their board. The source says "such contact was outside the agreed channels for communication of the sensitive findings."
      As we reported back on Friday, Nissan offered Renault "a presentation that summarized the evidence" to help assuage some suspicious held by the French automaker. Renault declined, asking Nissan for the "presence of lawyers and the full report on the allegations." This reportedly came earlier this week as officials from Nissan met with Renault's legal team in France.
      The meeting tomorrow will see the members of the board discuss the findings of Nissan's investigation and debate the future of Carlos Ghosn.
      Spokespeople for Nissan and Renault declined to comment.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      Nissan has expanded its probe into former chairman Carlos Ghosn with the investigation into various European subsidiaries that may bring more criminal charges.
      Automotive News has learned from sources that the focus of the investigation will be around the Renault-Nissan BV based in the Netherlands. This was set up by the two automakers back in 2002 to be a strategic management company that oversees the alliance. But one source says that Nissan is planning to look into "as many as a dozen other Nissan-affiliated subsidiaries set up in the Netherlands," for possible financial misconduct. Japanese prosecutors are looking into some of the companies with the help of Nissan.
      (Emphasis mine.)
      This move may signal that the scandal may have reached outward of Japan and bring investigations right to Renault's doorstep. Automotive News also notes this could "further complicate" the delicate relations between the two.
      That neatly transitions us to a report from Reuters where a source reveals that Renault has told Nissan not to contact its directors ahead of a December 13th meeting of their board. The source says "such contact was outside the agreed channels for communication of the sensitive findings."
      As we reported back on Friday, Nissan offered Renault "a presentation that summarized the evidence" to help assuage some suspicious held by the French automaker. Renault declined, asking Nissan for the "presence of lawyers and the full report on the allegations." This reportedly came earlier this week as officials from Nissan met with Renault's legal team in France.
      The meeting tomorrow will see the members of the board discuss the findings of Nissan's investigation and debate the future of Carlos Ghosn.
      Spokespeople for Nissan and Renault declined to comment.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required), Reuters
    • By William Maley
      Since the Volkswagen diesel emission scandal came to light, more scrutiny has been put on automakers and emissions standards. Recent real-world tests of European market diesel vehicles have revealed a number were 10 times over the legal limit for emissions. With stricter regulations coming into effect next year, automakers are reconsidering their investment in diesel.
      Case in point is Renault. Reuters has learned from sources at the company that it believes diesel engines will disappear from their lineup due to stricter regulations. This comes from an internal meeting before a summer break where Renault went over the costs of meeting these stricter regulations. According to two people who were at the meeting, Renault's Chief Competitiveness Officer Thierry Bollore said the investment in diesel had dimmed significantly due to upcoming regulations.
      "He said we were now wondering whether diesel would survive, and that he wouldn't have voiced such doubts even at the start of this year," said one of the people.
      "Tougher standards and testing methods will increase technology costs to the point where diesel is forced out of the market."
      Next year will see Europe adopting emission standards similar to the ones in the U.S. known as Euro 6b. This will become more stringent as time goes on. Two years after Euro 6b comes into affect, European regulators will begin doing real-world testing of fuel economy and emissions. The combination of these two things means automakers will need to spend more money to make their vehicles meet these standards.
      "Everybody is backtracking on diesel because after 2017-18 it becomes more and more expensive," said Pavan Potluri, a powertrain analyst with consulting firm IHS Automotive.
      Already, diesel engines have been disappearing from city cars. Sources say Renault predicts that diesel will disappear from all B-Segment and some C-Segment models by 2020.
      Source: Reuters

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      A couple weeks back, we reported that a Mitsubishi executive says talks between them and Nissan/Renault has stalled, but didn't go into details as to why. But Automotive News has shined a light as to possibly why and where it stands now.
      According to a source at Mitsubishi, the company ended talks with Renault about using the midsize Latitude/Samsung SM7 sedan built in South Korea because the Yon suddenly appreciated. This is turned undercut the plan's profitability when paired against the U.S. Dollar and Japenese Yen.
      A Nissan source goes onto say that Nissan has begun talks with Mitsubishi about using one of their sedans.
      A Mitsubishi spokesman says at this time that plans to replace the Galant are on indefinite hold. While he declined to comment on the talks between Mitsubishi and Nissan, he did say that working with Nissan is “one option.”
      In the meantime, Mitsubishi has moved up the replacement for the compact Lancer to the top of its priority list.
      Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)

      View full article
    • By William Maley
      William Maley
      Staff Writer - CheersandGears.com
      November 5, 2013
      In a surprise move, Mitsubishi has announced they are teaming up with Nissan-Renault to build two new sedans; a new midsize sedan that would be sold in the U.S. and Canada, and a compact sedan that will be sold globally. The partnership will also look new projects which include products, technology and manufacturing capacity.
      “Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors have jointly benefited from several collaborations in the past, most recently the successful joint-venture on Kei cars in Japan. I welcome the direction being taken towards this broader cooperation, creating new opportunities for Renault in addition to further leveraging the productive relationship between Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors," said President and CEO of Renault-Nissan, Carlos Ghosn.
      The two vehicles in question will be based on platforms from Renault. No timetable has been set as to when we'll see either vehicle.
      This isn't the first time that Nissan and Mitsubishi have teamed up. A couple years ago, the two automakers started a joint-venture company called NMKV to work on Kei cars for the Japanese marketplace. The first vehicles of this joint-venture, the Nissan Dayz and Mitsubishi eK wagon, went on sale this year.





      2013 Renault Latitude and 2013 Mitsubishi Galant. Could these two cars become one?



      Click Picture to Enlarge



      Source: Mitsubishi, Nissan/Renault
      William Maley is a staff writer for Cheers & Gears. He can be reached at william.maley@cheersandgears.comor you can follow him on twitter at @realmudmonster.
      Press Release is on Page 2

      RENAULT-NISSAN ALLIANCE & MITSUBISHI MOTORS CORPORATION EXPLORE WIDE RANGING GLOBAL PRODUCT AND TECHNOLOGY COOPERATION
      New projects to drive global product coverage and capacity utilization
      AMSTERDAM, Netherlands and TOKYO, Japan – The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation today announced their joint intention to explore several new projects covering shared products, technologies and manufacturing capacity among the automakers. As a consequence, it has been agreed that the strategic cooperation between Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors could be expanded across the broader Renault-Nissan Alliance.
      Between Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors, it is expected that the existing NMKV joint-venture company will be extended to co-develop a new small-segment car including a specific electric version that can be sold on a global basis. The basis for this product will be from a jointly developed “Kei car” platform of the type popular in the Japanese domestic market. Further details of all products, markets and manufacturing will be announced separately.
      The Renault-Nissan Alliance and Mitsubishi Motors Corporation are also confirming their intention to share technologies and product assets related to electric vehicles and latest-generation platforms. Renault, Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors were among the first to pioneer the introduction of mass-marketed zero emission products.
      Based on the current direction of discussions between Renault and Mitsubishi Motors, it is firstly expected that two new sedan models would be launched under the Mitsubishi brand, based on vehicles from the Renault portfolio. Secondary and additional studies around other projects will then be considered.
      The first sedan, to compete in the full-size D-segment markets of the United States and Canada and would be manufactured at the Renault-Samsung plant in Busan, South Korea.
      The second sedan model would compete in the global C-segment. The manufacturing location for this product is under discussion.

      President and CEO of the Renault-Nissan Alliance, Carlos Ghosn said: “Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors have jointly benefited from several collaborations in the past, most recently the successful joint-venture on Kei cars in Japan. I welcome the direction being taken towards this broader cooperation, creating new opportunities for Renault in addition to further leveraging the productive relationship between Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors."
      Osamu Masuko, President of Mitsubishi Motors Corporation commented: “As a result of the development of collaborative projects with Nissan Motor up to now, Mitsubishi Motors is pleased to work again with Nissan and now Renault towards achieving further collaborations. The new opportunities could be described as evidence that the ongoing collaborative projects between Mitsubishi Motors and Nissan have brought positive results, and Mitsubishi Motors hopes that any new collaborative projects with the Renault-Nissan Alliance would bring us further merits."
      Nissan and Mitsubishi Motors have an existing joint-venture company called NMKV which was established in June 2011 for the purpose of co-developing a range of Kei cars for both brands. The first of these products – the Nissan Dayz and Mitsubishi eK wagon – went on sale in Japan this year. Both products are manufactured at the Mitsubishi Mizushima plant in Japan.

      View full article
  • My Clubs

  • Recently Browsing

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Reader Rides

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We ♥ Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook

×