Sign in to follow this  
William Maley

Tesla Announces Updates To The Model S Including Ludicrous Acceleration Mode

Last week, Tesla announced some new updates for the Model S.

The big news was the introduction of the optional 'Ludicrous' acceleration mode. This mode drops 0-60 from 3.1 to 2.8 seconds and can do the quarter-mile in 10.9 seconds. Tesla is able to do this via a new advanced smart fuse for the battery that allows an increase in the maximum amp throughout from 1,300 to 1,500 amps. This option will cost $10,000 for a new Model S P85D. But if you are the current owner of a P85D, you can get the Ludicrous package for $5,000 plus labor for the next six months.

Also announced is a new 90-kWh battery pack option which adds 15 Miles to the overall range of the Model S P85D (275 to 300 Miles). Opting for the larger battery will cost around $3,000.

Wrapping up the changes is the introduction of a new base Model S. The Model S 70 RWD only comes with one electric motor and will set you back around $70,000.

Source: Tesla

Press Release is on Page 2

Click here to view the article

I wonder if the Model X will offer me the option of going to plaid? 

• Upvote 1

I think it should play the Spaceballs clip when you put it into ludicrous mode.  I'd like to see the Model S in ludicrous mode drag race an Aventador or GT-R.

• Upvote 2

Wonder if you can get the 300 Mile battery pack for your own conversion jobs? That would be an awesome battery pack to buy and use in your own favorite auto conversion to EV. :P

Very interesting read of his announcement and the comments from current and new owners.

http://www.teslamotors.com/blog/three-dog-day

Love the comment from a new owner who bought his S85D on July 8th, this announcement comes out and he contacts his sales rep and asks to add the upgrade to his car and is told he would have to pay a penalty to cancel his current order and reorder with the new upgrades. Something tells me Tesla has not learned how to update an existing order with add on sales. They want to penalize your order for a fee and then you have to pay 10K more to get their newest stuff. Stupid plain stupid.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

About us

CheersandGears.com - Founded 2001

We  Cars

Get in touch

Follow us

Recent tweets

facebook